Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Now take a look...

Now take a look...

rf

Els wrote:

> You're in Australia? (or Japan?) Go to bed! The European crew will
> take over from here, your turn will come again

What? The wife would say "What the bloody hell do you think YOU are up to?".

It's only 7pm here in .au. We aren't even on to our second rum&coke.

> Sleep well

In a couple or 5 hours, yes

Cheers
Richard.

Els

rf wrote:

> Els wrote:
>
>> You're in Australia? (or Japan?) Go to bed! The European crew will
>> take over from here, your turn will come again

> What? The wife would say "What the bloody hell do you think YOU are up to?".

What, she won't let you go to bed early when you're tired?

> It's only 7pm here in .au. We aren't even on to our second rum&coke.
>
>> Sleep well

> In a couple or 5 hours, yes

Okay, so I was too lazy to look up Day Light Saving zones for
Australia to see if 9 hours difference with me would be far away
enough to be Australia...
Thinking again: it's summer here, so it must be winter where you are,
so the Day Light Saving adds two hours to the 'normal' time
difference, instead of subtracting them.

/looks up timetable with DLS times...

Right! Phoenix, Arizona is closer to the 9 hrs difference...
<thought dawning on me>
I guess I also was calculating in the wrong direction - Aussiland is
ahead of us, not behind us.. (which doesn't make matter when the time
difference is 12 hours, but it does when it is 9 hours <g>)
</>

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

rf

Els wrote:

> > What? The wife would say "What the bloody hell do you think YOU are up

to?".

> What, she won't let you go to bed early when you're tired?

Er, she was *in* it at the time, having a power nap before dinner.

<snip time confusion>

> Thinking again: it's summer here, so it must be winter where you are,

Not that you would notice. A balmy 22 degrees here today.

> I guess I also was calculating in the wrong direction - Aussiland is
> ahead of us, not behind us..

Australia is ahead of Everybody (except .nz of course but they don't count
)

Makes it easier for us. Everybody else is behind. .uk 10 (UTC that is), .nl
9 .us somewhere between 18 and infinity...

Cheers
Richard.

Els

rf wrote:

> Els wrote:
>
>>> What? The wife would say "What the bloody hell do you think YOU
>>> are up to?".

>> What, she won't let you go to bed early when you're tired?

> Er, she was *in* it at the time, having a power nap before dinner.

LOL - that explains her reaction perfectly, yes

>> Thinking again: it's summer here, so it must be winter where you are,

> Not that you would notice. A balmy 22 degrees here today.

I wish we had winters like that :\

[time zones]
> Everybody else is behind. .uk 10 (UTC that is), .nl 9

See? I wan't wrong about the 9 hours, just about the direction

> .us somewhere between 18 and infinity...

Makes me wonder: how come the USA haven't managed to turn the tables
and make themselves be first timewise...

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Els

Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
> Els wrote:
>> rf wrote:

>>> Not that you would notice. A balmy 22 degrees here today.

>> I wish we had winters like that :\

> Don't ask about the summer temperature

Why not? I don't mind heat.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Edwin van der Vaart

Els wrote:
> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

>>>I wish we had winters like that :\

>>Don't ask about the summer temperature

> Why not? I don't mind heat.

In the northern/southern part is the it about 30 degrees.
In central it's about 40 degrees in the shadow (Cooper pedy).
--
Edwin van der Vaart
http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Persoonlijke website

rf

Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

> In the northern/southern part is the it about 30 degrees.
> In central it's about 40 degrees in the shadow (Cooper pedy).

But... nobody goes out there

Here in Sydney its usually 30. Rarely above 40, well, 45.

Anyway, in the outback a 45 degree day is not so bad as it is usually 0%
humidity. Not like on the coast where a 38 degree 90% humiditiy day calls
for a pause in work and drinks all round...

Cheers
Richard.

Els

rf wrote:

> a pause in work and drinks all round...

I don't mind those either

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Edwin van der Vaart

rf wrote:
> Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
>
>>In the northern/southern part is the it about 30 degrees.
>>In central it's about 40 degrees in the shadow (Cooper pedy).

> But... nobody goes out there

Yeah you're right. Every one lives under ground in Cooper.
How about Alice Springs or Tennant Creek.
--

rf wrote:

> calls for a pause in work and drinks all round...
>
> Cheers

A VB will be fine.