Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > padding on image in IE

padding on image in IE

windandwaves

Hi Folk

I have an image with a class that has padding associated with it, however,
in IE the padding does not seem to be applied.

Try :
http://www.corstorphine.co.nz/test/orderform1.php?p=1

to see an example (little thumbs are 5px lower and further over to the right
in firefox).

TIA

- Nicolaas

Jukka K. Korpela

"windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have an image with a class that has padding associated with it,
> however, in IE the padding does not seem to be applied.

Sounds like IE running in "Quirks Mode".

> http://www.corstorphine.co.nz/test/orderform1.php?p=1

Yep. You can fool the fool (i.e., make IE run in "Standards Mode", i.e. in
less nonstandard mode) by using a DOCTYPE declaration that has the exact
spelling of the declaration described in the HTML 4.01 specification:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

(And put it first in the file. A blank line might not hurt, but I wouldn't
take the risk.)

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

windandwaves

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> "windandwaves" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I have an image with a class that has padding associated with it,
>> however, in IE the padding does not seem to be applied.

> Sounds like IE running in "Quirks Mode".
>
>> http://www.corstorphine.co.nz/test/orderform1.php?p=1

> Yep. You can fool the fool (i.e., make IE run in "Standards Mode",
> i.e. in less nonstandard mode) by using a DOCTYPE declaration that
> has the exact spelling of the declaration described in the HTML 4.01
> specification:

Incredible - it worked "a treat". Thank you very much!