Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Newbie request : Forms to collect data and e mail to me

Newbie request : Forms to collect data and e mail to me

Victor

Hi

I'm new to HTML

I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers would
be e mailed to me

So I need your help in identifying

Good Free websites

Some simple HTML form generators where I'd have a menu or wizard to
develop the form

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

and best regards

Victor

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Victor wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to HTML
>
> I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
> questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers
> would be e mailed to me
>
> So I need your help in identifying
>
> Good Free websites
>
> Some simple HTML form generators where I'd have a menu or wizard to
> develop the form
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> and best regards

I'm assuming you mean some sort of feedback form or survey. There are
plenty of free form processing providers, one of them is Bravenet.com.

Please have a look at the description of these two Bravenet services
and see if any of these look like what you're after:
http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/emailfwd/index.php
http://www.bravenet.com/webtools/vote/index.php

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

jafar

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:52:29 -0700, Victor wrote:

> I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
> questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers would

I think PHP would be the answer for you.
The free tutorial at the link below should get you started.

http://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

--
Jafar Calley
Producer - http://moonlife-records.com

Philip Baker

In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>, Victor
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

See http://www.thalasson.com
--
Philip Baker

Philip Baker wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
> Victor <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >
> > I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
> > questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers
> > would be e mailed to me

> See http://www.thalasson.com

Although a useful tool, this one does appear to be a spammer pot o'
gold, since the recipient is specified as one of the fields (which
potentially can be typed in).

Further information on Matt Wright's FormMail script (which has been in
focus for exactly such an issue) can be found here:
http://www.html-faq.com/cgi/?secureformmail

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- (E-Mail Removed)
(remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)

Philip Baker

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, =?iso-
8859-1?q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?= <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Philip Baker wrote:
>
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed) om>,
>> Victor <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> >
>> > I wish to set up a FREE website with a simple form - some 10 ~ 15
>> > questions, where the visitor can submit answers and these answers
>> > would be e mailed to me

>> See http://www.thalasson.com

>Although a useful tool, this one does appear to be a spammer pot o'
>gold, since the recipient is specified as one of the fields (which
>potentially can be typed in).

It may seem to be but it isn't. It has been operating for over seven
years and so far all attempts by potential spammers to use it in the way
you imply have failed.
--
Philip Baker