Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > This is the level of design that all developers should aspire to

This is the level of design that all developers should aspire to

Gary L. Burnore

The perfect balance between usability and design:

http://www.backwater-productions.net

Disco Octopus

Gary L. Burnore wrote :
> The perfect balance between usability and design:
>
> http://www.backwater-productions.net

design is good, but for usability, i think that you need to consider
people not having javascript AND/OR CSS not turned on.

check it out with these disabled!

--
movies in WA : http://www.grandcinemas.com.au
beef jerky - good to chew : http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au

Joe

"Gary L. Burnore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> The perfect balance between usability and design:
>
> http://www.backwater-productions.net

As Shakespeare would say, "methinks thou doest protest too much."

dingbat@codesmiths.com

What do you mean? It's hideous and the usability is awful!

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Disco Octopus quothed:

> Gary L. Burnore wrote :
> > The perfect balance between usability and design:
> >
> > http://www.backwater-productions.net

> design is good, but for usability, i think that you need to consider
> people not having javascript AND/OR CSS not turned on.
>
> check it out with these disabled!

You mean you're not impressed with html 3.2 FINAL and an iframe? -And
scrollbars in Mozilla? What a fussbudget!

--
Neredbojias

Duke Robillard

Gary L. Burnore wrote:
> The perfect balance between usability and design:
>
> http://www.backwater-productions.net

I particularly like the nested scrollbars.

Duke

TravelinMan

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"Gary L. Burnore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The perfect balance between usability and design:
>
> http://www.backwater-productions.net

What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
anything).

Basically, your web site stinks.

Perfect Reign

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:09:16 GMT, someone posing as TravelinMan pretended
that someone gave a rat's ass and spewed out:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> "Gary L. Burnore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> The perfect balance between usability and design:
>>
>> http://www.whitehouse.com

> What kind of bizarre definition of 'good design' makes a window that's
> only part of the page - and then uses scroll bars on it? If you had made
> the window only about 10% larger (which would still have fit onto almost
> all computer screens), you wouldn't need the scroll bars. And even if
> you couldn't stand that, you could have reduced your window size
> slightly and gotten rid of the scroll bars (since scrolling doesn't add
> anything).
>
> Basically, your web site stinks.

Look at his headers. I didn't catch it the first time, either.
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
linux - genuine windows replacement part

Animesh Kumar

Duke Robillard wrote:

> Gary L. Burnore wrote:
>
>>The perfect balance between usability and design:
>>
>>http://www.backwater-productions.net

> I particularly like the nested scrollbars.
>
> Duke

It seems people can like many things. Did you try it with 2-button mouse?

Mimic

Gary L. Burnore wrote:
> The perfect balance between usability and design:
>
> http://www.backwater-productions.net

Hatter, seriously, you do enough by your self

--
Mimic

"The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== [ www.hidemyemail.net ]