Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Looking for Good Multi-Domain Web Host

Looking for Good Multi-Domain Web Host

Ed Jay

I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages. This happens
with two computers on two different high-bandwidth lines with three
different browsers. The host says they have no server-side issues.

Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
> point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
> with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

Ed Jay

Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
>> point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
>> with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

>alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.

Thanks, Leo. Off I go.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

"Ed Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
> Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
> or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages. This happens
> with two computers on two different high-bandwidth lines with three
> different browsers. The host says they have no server-side issues.
>
> Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
> point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
> with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

We offer "all the usual features". We are currently running a 3 month
free trial, when you use this discount code on your order: axishost
Please note that we run fraud checks and also voice verify all new orders to
disuade the kiddies from signing up.

--Tina
--
http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers

Ed Jay

Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> Has anyone had good experiences with a particular host they'd care to
>>> point me to? I'm seeking fast loading, ftp access, multiple email accounts
>>> with forwarding, you know, the usual features, and all at a good price.

>>alt.www.webmaster can easily answer your questions.
>>

>Thanks, Leo. Off I go.

OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
I'll hang around here for a different answer.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Joel Shepherd

Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
> Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
> or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages.

URL that demonstrates the problem? If you're getting a 404, that means
that you're hitting the web server, and that the web server is up and
running, and that your browser is receiving a response from it.

So, possibly the problem isn't with the host, or with your browser, or
with the network in between, but with the pages themselves. A URL would
shed a lot more light on that possibility.

--
Joel.

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> >> Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Thanks, Leo. Off I go.
> >

> OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
> I'll hang around here for a different answer.

Good plan. I sometimes forget that what I subscribe to isn't available
to all. I wonder what "I'm" missing. I see from reading lower posts that
Tina has responded. You might want to check that out.

leo

--

Joel Shepherd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ed Jay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I recently signed up with a web host held in high esteem by the reviewers.
>> Unfortunately, I often get 404's when either trying to bring up my page,
>> or worse, when it's up and I try to navigate to subpages.

>URL that demonstrates the problem? If you're getting a 404, that means
>that you're hitting the web server, and that the web server is up and
>running, and that your browser is receiving a response from it.
>
>So, possibly the problem isn't with the host, or with your browser, or
>with the network in between, but with the pages themselves. A URL would
>shed a lot more light on that possibility.

www.aes-intl.com

I recently switched to the new host. Prior to that, I never had a problem
with the page.

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Els

Ed Jay wrote:

> Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Just curious: which M?

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Blinky the Shark

Ed Jay wrote:

> OTOH, since I can't find any alt.www.webmaster, or similar group, maybe
> I'll hang around here for a different answer.

Ask your feed to add it. If it's a decent feed, they will.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263