Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Large Graphic Zoom IN/OUT

Large Graphic Zoom IN/OUT

xxnonexnonexx@tampascanner.info

I have several maps that have been scanned for use online, the problem is they
are large maps, original size is 8.5 x 11 both portrait and landscape.

These are LARGE MAPS even as JPG's etc. to put online.

Is there some type of javascript or some thing that can put these online and
then zoom into the graphic either by clicking or even better by putting in some
thing like a grid or box number?

Any thing that can reduce the bandwidth needed to supply these images online.

Thanks in advance.
----
Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info

Jeff Thies

> I have several maps that have been scanned for use online, the problem is they
> are large maps, original size is 8.5 x 11 both portrait and landscape.
>
> These are LARGE MAPS even as JPG's etc. to put online.
>
> Is there some type of javascript or some thing that can put these online and
> then zoom into the graphic either by clicking or even better by putting in some
> thing like a grid or box number?

I'm surprised no one has answered this. There's a number of different
ways to handle this.

You could use an image map, and link to that part of the image.

You could slice the the image up and stuff a table with the pieces.

Several javascript methods...

Nah, go with the image map...

Cheers,
Jeff