Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > can FORM have "target" attribute ?

can FORM have "target" attribute ?

Mel

i have 2 iframes, a left and a right

when user clicks on submit, i need to place stuff in the "_top" rather than
current frame

is this possible ? if so, how ?

thanks

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=

Mel wrote:

> i have 2 iframes, a left and a right
>
> when user clicks on submit, i need to place stuff in the "_top"
> rather than current frame
>
> is this possible ? if so, how ?

Yes, in certain versions of HTML, the "target" attribute is available
for the <form> tag. With regards to XHTML 1.0, this only applies to the
Transitional and Frameset DTDs.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_form.asp

This will work for HTML 4 and XHTML 1.0 Transitional:
<form ... target="_top">

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Mel quothed:

> i have 2 iframes, a left and a right
>
> when user clicks on submit, i need to place stuff in the "_top" rather than
> current frame
>
> is this possible ? if so, how ?

Absolute url?

--