Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > [media] What's Needling Net Users?

[media] What's Needling Net Users?

solitaire

http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?1003509

<quote>
Pop-ups, site registration, slow pages, dead links... These are just a few of
the many things that Internet users don't like.

A new survey conducted by Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) for Hostway finds that
Internet users have plenty of complaints. Some 2,500 adult consumers throughout
the US were asked to identify things that annoyed them about commercial Web
sites. More than one-third of respondents cited pop-up ads. Other sources of
aggravation included having to register and log in (16.7%) and having to install
extra software (15.7%).
<unquote>

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, solitaire quothed:

> http://www.emarketer.com/Article.aspx?1003509
>
> <quote>
> Pop-ups, site registration, slow pages, dead links... These are just a few of
> the many things that Internet users don't like.
>
> A new survey conducted by Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) for Hostway finds that
> Internet users have plenty of complaints. Some 2,500 adult consumers throughout
> the US were asked to identify things that annoyed them about commercial Web
> sites. More than one-third of respondents cited pop-up ads. Other sources of
> aggravation included having to register and log in (16.7%) and having to install
> extra software (15.7%).
> <unquote>

Yup, all those things, and more. What's really a joke is that the
original client is *paying* some jamoke to turn-away customers because
of an erroneous "websense" on one or both their parts.

The new popup blockers are pretty effective so what annoys me most now
is downloading software, especially to facilitate crap I don't want/want
to see in the first place. What's really suave is having to download
software in order to download software for which the first software is
needed beforehand. Anybody aware of the situation should known that
downloading a bunch of ActiveX controls (particularly for trivial
reasons) is generally not a good idea.

--
Neredbojias