Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > dynamic html table

dynamic html table

mfwahid

I need a html table with 10 columns and in that the first three columns
should be freezed while i m scrolling the other 7 columns and my header
should also be freezed how can i make it possible

Sid Ismail

On 28 Jul 2005 03:33:40 -0700, "mfwahid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I need a html table with 10 columns and in that the first three columns
: should be freezed while i m scrolling the other 7 columns and my header
: should also be freezed how can i make it possible
:

Use a Kelvinator. Otherwise Defy.

Sid

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, mfwahid quothed:

> I need a html table with 10 columns and in that the first three columns
> should be freezed while i m scrolling the other 7 columns and my header
> should also be freezed how can i make it possible

Practically speaking, it's impossible. Oh, some guru could, with great
effort, probably approach the exalted goal, but you'd be better off
rethinking your approach and presenting your content in a more
traditional manner.

--
Neredbojias

dingbat@codesmiths.com

Frames

or

Bagload of DHTML and flipping the display CSS property as you scroll.

Jonathan N. Little

> Frames
>
> or
>
> Bagload of DHTML and flipping the display CSS property as you scroll.

Would be a nightmare keeping the rows in sync! Much simpler idea, use a
suitable document....a spreadsheet!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Jeff Thies

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Frames
>>
>> or
>>
>> Bagload of DHTML and flipping the display CSS property as you scroll.
>>

> Would be a nightmare keeping the rows in sync!

Actually not. Assign a column number class for each cell and style as
desired, the rows will stay synced. Probably not that much dhtml,
whether that is a good way is another question. I've had a similar
request recently.

Much simpler idea, use a
> suitable document....a spreadsheet!

Fine, if the table doesn't need to be online editable.

Jeff