Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Article on creating cross-browser pages

Article on creating cross-browser pages

data64

Nice article from IBM about differences between IE and Mozilla.
<http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ie2mozgd/>

This was posted on slashdot today.

data64

dingbat@codesmiths.com

data64 wrote:
> Nice article from IBM about differences between IE and Mozilla.
> <http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ie2mozgd/>

I rather lost faith in that article when I got to the comment "uses the
value of the new title attribute rather than the deprecated alt
attribute".

Arne

Once upon a time *(E-Mail Removed)* wrote:

> data64 wrote:
>> Nice article from IBM about differences between IE and Mozilla.
>> <http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/web/library/wa-ie2mozgd/>

> I rather lost faith in that article when I got to the comment "uses the
> value of the new title attribute rather than the deprecated alt
> attribute".

Wierd way to write it, but I'll would guess they mean that "alt" is
deprecated as used as tooltip, even if it never was valid (but used)
for that purpose.

--
/Arne
My "widget" site: http://hem.bredband.net/arnel/

dingbat@codesmiths.com

"Deprecated" has a formal meaning, and alt doesn't carry it.

Nor is alt even remotely deprecated - it's as important now as it ever
was, there's just something extra to think about too (for the last 8
years anyway).

Someone who doesn't just "get" these issues shouldn't be writing about
web technology (we've already got plenty of bad references) and IBM
devworks shouldn't be asking them to.