Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > 'font-weight' problem

'font-weight' problem

Madame Blablavatsky

hello,

i have a stylesheer with a 'font-weight' for a link:
--------------------------------
a:link {
font-family: Verdana,
Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: xx-small;
font-style: normal;
color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none;
font-weight: 700;

}
------------------------------------
this works fine, so no problem there.
but, i have another link that should not be bold.
for this i use the code:

------------------------------------
a.limburg:link {
font-family: Arial;
font-size: 12px;
font-style: normal;
color: #000000;
text-decoration: underline;
font_weight: 100;
}
-----------------------------------

the problem is: the link with 'a.limburg:link' have also a 'font-weight' of
700.
how do i solve this problem?

thanks

xeno

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:41:04 +0200, "Madame Blablavatsky"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hello,
>
>i have a stylesheer with a 'font-weight' for a link:
>--------------------------------
>a:link {
> font-family: Verdana,
> Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
> font-size: xx-small;
> font-style: normal;
> color: #FFFFFF;
> text-decoration: none;
> font-weight: 700;
>
>}
>------------------------------------
>this works fine, so no problem there.
>but, i have another link that should not be bold.
>for this i use the code:
>
>------------------------------------
>a.limburg:link {
> font-family: Arial;
> font-size: 12px;
> font-style: normal;
> color: #000000;
> text-decoration: underline;
> font_weight: 100;
>}
>-----------------------------------
>
>the problem is: the link with 'a.limburg:link' have also a 'font-weight' of
>700.
>how do i solve this problem?

Because you used a underscore instead of a - ?

> font-weight: 700;

> font_weight: 100;

Madame Blablavatsky

> Because you used a underscore instead of a - ?
>
> > font-weight: 700;

> > font_weight: 100;

yes, you are right it is a very stupid mistake. I have changed it and it
workst fine.

i just can't believe it....................maybe it is time i get some fresh
air.

thanks

Jedi Fans

Madame Blablavatsky wrote:
>> Because you used a underscore instead of a - ?
>>
>>> font-weight: 700;
>>> font_weight: 100;

> yes, you are right it is a very stupid mistake. I have changed it and it
> workst fine.
>
> i just can't believe it....................maybe it is time i get some fresh
> air.
>
> thanks

why the css validator <URL: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ > is
such a great tool

Woolly Mittens

Jedi Fans wrote:

> why the css validator <URL: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ > is
> such a great tool

If you abhorn human interaction. =^.^=

Blinky the Shark

Woolly Mittens wrote:
> Jedi Fans wrote:

>> why the css validator <URL: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ > is
>> such a great tool

> If you abhorn human interaction. =^.^=

Is that something cattle do?

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Jukka K. Korpela

"Madame Blablavatsky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > font-weight: 700;

>> > font_weight: 100;

> yes, you are right it is a very stupid mistake. I have changed it and it
> workst fine.

Does it really? On which browser? The declaration
font-weight: 100
should make the font weight considerably smaller than normal, i.e. make the
lines of characters very thin. All browsers I've seen fail to do so for any
font I've tried, effectively treating 100 through 300 as equivalent to 400
(= normal). Admittedly they _may_ do so; this is a matter of quality of
implementation rather than conformance.

But I would change it to
font-weight: normal
unless you really want to take the risk, or chances, that some future
browsers, with better-quality CSS support, will treat font-weight: 100
according to its definition.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/