Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help with imagemap!

Reply
Thread Tools

Help with imagemap!

 
 
Jon de Poer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
Help!

I'm trying to insert an imagemap into one of my webpages, but the
graphic refuses to appear. For some reason the map itself appears, but
the image does not. I'm not an HTML purist (I use MS WORD and Photoshop
for my pages), but I've tried changing around the file location, etc.
and nothing seems to work.

My code is below:

Help!

Ian

<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice"
xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252">
<meta name=ProgId content=Word.Document>
<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 9">
<meta name=Originator content="Microsoft Word 9">
<link rel=File-List href="./contactus_files/filelist.xml">
<link rel=Edit-Time-Data href="./contactus_files/editdata.mso">
<!--[if !mso]>
<style>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
..shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style>
<![endif]-->
<title>A Public Symposium on the History of Irish Roman Catholicism in
Newfoundland</title>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<oocumentProperties>
<o:Author>The Basilica Cathedral Museum</o:Author>
<o:Template>Normal</o:Template>
<o:LastAuthor>The Basilica Cathedral Museum</o:LastAuthor>
<o:Revision>2</o:Revision>
<o:TotalTime>4673</o:TotalTime>
<o:Created>2005-07-21T16:06:00Z</o:Created>
<o:LastSaved>2005-07-21T16:06:00Z</o:LastSaved>
<oages>1</oages>
<o:Words>75</o:Words>
<o:Characters>428</o:Characters>
<o:Company>The Basilica of St. John The Baptist</o:Company>
<o:Lines>3</o:Lines>
<oaragraphs>1</oaragraphs>
<o:CharactersWithSpaces>525</o:CharactersWithSpaces>
<o:Version>9.2720</o:Version>
</oocumentProperties>
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
</w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Garamond;
panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3;
mso-font-charset:0;
mso-generic-font-family:roman;
mso-font-pitch:variable;
mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{mso-style-parent:"";
margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
h1
{mso-style-next:Normal;
margin-top:0in;
margin-right:24.0pt;
margin-bottom:0in;
margin-left:26.0pt;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
text-align:center;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
page-break-after:avoid;
mso-outline-level:1;
tab-stops:440.0pt;
font-size:10.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
color:#333333;
mso-font-kerning:0pt;
font-weight:normal;
font-style:italic;}
h2
{margin-right:0in;
mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
mso-outline-level:2;
font-size:18.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
font-weight:bold;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{color:#333333;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:#333333;
text-decoration:underline;
text-underline:single;}
p
{margin-right:0in;
mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
margin-left:0in;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
mso-header-margin:.5in;
mso-footer-margin:.5in;
mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="3074">
<o:colormenu v:ext="edit" fillcolor="none"/>
</o:shapedefaults></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/>
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body bgcolor=white background="./contactus_files/image001.jpg"
lang=EN-US
link="#333333" vlink="#333333" style='tab-interval:.5in' no-repeat>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<v:background id="_x0000_s1030" o:bwmode="white"
o:targetscreensize="800,600">
<v:fill src="./contactus_files/image001.jpg" o:title="background"
type="frame"/>
</v:background></xml><![endif]-->

<div class=Section1>

<div align=center>

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=883
style='width:662.5pt;
mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in' MARGINHEIGHT=0>
<tr style='height:51.45pt'>
<td width="100%" colspan=3 valign=bottom
style='width:100.0%;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in;
height:51.45pt'>
<p align=center style='text-align:center'><!--[if gte vml
1]><v:shapetype
id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75"
oreferrelative="t"
path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">
<v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/>
<v:formulas>
<v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/>
<v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/>
<v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/>
<v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/>
<v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/>
<v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/>
<v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/>
<v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/>
<v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/>
<v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/>
<v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/>
<v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/>
</v:formulas>
<vath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/>
<o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/>
</v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75"
style='width:657.75pt;
height:80.25pt' oreferrelative="f">
<v:imagedata src="./contactus_files/image002.jpg"
o:title="topbanner(wholething)"
blacklevel="-655f"/>
</v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><img width=877 height=107
src="./contactus_files/image003.jpg"
v:shapes="_x0000_i1025"><![endif]></p>
</td>
</tr>
<tr style='height:167.25pt'>
<td width="14%" valign=top style='width:14.86%;padding:0in 0in 0in
0in;
height:167.25pt'>
<p class=MsoNormal><map name=MicrosoftOfficeMap0><area shape=Rect
coords="32, 243, 99, 259"
href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/contactus.html"><area
shape=Rect coords="28, 225, 108, 241"
href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SLinks.html"><area shape=Rect
coords="26, 208, 105, 224"
href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SBanquet.html"><area
shape=Rect coords="25, 189, 108, 205"
href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SPublications.html"><area
shape=Rect
coords="25, 174, 109, 188"
href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SCommittee.html"><area shape=Rect
coords="25, 153, 111, 171"
href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/sympos2005.html"></map><img
border=0
width=129 height=371 id="_x0000_i1026"
src="..\contactus_files\image004.gif"
usemap="#MicrosoftOfficeMap0"><o></o></p>
</td>
<td width="70%" valign=top style='width:70.24%;padding:0in 0in 0in
0in;
height:167.25pt' margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:6.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:6.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
Garamond
font-size: 16.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:6.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
Garamond
margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:

0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
440.0pt font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
Garamond s,
Newfoundland< /span>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span

style='font-size:16.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'>CONTACT
US:</span></b><span
style='font-size:16.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Garamond'> <o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
style='font-family:Garamond'>Telephone: (709)
726-3660<o></o></span></p>
<p align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:0in;

margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
style='font-family:Garamond'>Facsimile: (709) 753-5699<br>
E-mail: <a href="(E-Mail Removed)">(E-Mail Removed)</a></span><b><span

style='font-size:1.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'><o></o></span></b></p>
<p align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:0in;

margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span

style='font-size:1.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
<p align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:0in;

margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span

style='font-size:1.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;

margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
style='font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;

margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'>150th
Anniversary Symposium
Committee<br>
c/o Archives of the Archdiocese of St. John's<br>
Military Road, St. John's, Newfoundland<br>
Canada, A1C 5H5</span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;

margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><br
style='mso-special-character:
line-break'>
<![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]><br
style='mso-special-character:line-break'>
<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;

margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;

margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center
style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;

margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><a

href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/sympos2005.html">Back</a></span><span

style='font-size:7.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'><o></o></span></p>
</td>
<td valign=top style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in;height:167.25pt'>
<p class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><a
href="http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/ccha.html"><span
style='text-decoration:none;text-underline:none'><!--[if gte vml
1]><v:shape
id="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75"
style='width:96.75pt;height:277.5pt'
oreferrelative="f">
<v:imagedata src="./contactus_files/image004.jpg"
o:title="rightbanner"
blacklevel="-655f"/>
</v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><img border=0 width=129 height=370
src="./contactus_files/image005.jpg"
v:shapes="_x0000_i1027"><![endif]></span></a><span
style='font-size:10.0pt'><o></o></span></p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</div>

<p class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><![if
!supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></p>

</div>

<!-- End ImageReady Slices -->
</body>

</html>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
Jon de Poer wrote:
> I'm trying to insert an imagemap into one of my webpages, but the
> graphic refuses to appear. For some reason the map itself appears, but
> the image does not. I'm not an HTML purist (I use MS WORD and Photoshop
> for my pages), but I've tried changing around the file location, etc.
> and nothing seems to work.
> My code is below:


I (and most others) hardly have time to walk though your "code" to see
what you did wrong. You need to post the URL so we can see it. then
someone might help you.

--
-=tn=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Will S
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
src="..\contactus_files\image004.gif"









"Jon de Poer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Help!
>
> I'm trying to insert an imagemap into one of my webpages, but the
> graphic refuses to appear. For some reason the map itself appears, but
> the image does not. I'm not an HTML purist (I use MS WORD and Photoshop
> for my pages), but I've tried changing around the file location, etc.
> and nothing seems to work.
>
> My code is below:
>
> Help!
>
> Ian
>
> <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"
> xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice"
> xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word"
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
>
> <head>
> <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
> charset=windows-1252">
> <meta name=ProgId content=Word.Document>
> <meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 9">
> <meta name=Originator content="Microsoft Word 9">
> <link rel=File-List href="./contactus_files/filelist.xml">
> <link rel=Edit-Time-Data href="./contactus_files/editdata.mso">
> <!--[if !mso]>
> <style>
> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> </style>
> <![endif]-->
> <title>A Public Symposium on the History of Irish Roman Catholicism in
> Newfoundland</title>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
> <oocumentProperties>
> <o:Author>The Basilica Cathedral Museum</o:Author>
> <o:Template>Normal</o:Template>
> <o:LastAuthor>The Basilica Cathedral Museum</o:LastAuthor>
> <o:Revision>2</o:Revision>
> <o:TotalTime>4673</o:TotalTime>
> <o:Created>2005-07-21T16:06:00Z</o:Created>
> <o:LastSaved>2005-07-21T16:06:00Z</o:LastSaved>
> <oages>1</oages>
> <o:Words>75</o:Words>
> <o:Characters>428</o:Characters>
> <o:Company>The Basilica of St. John The Baptist</o:Company>
> <o:Lines>3</o:Lines>
> <oaragraphs>1</oaragraphs>
> <o:CharactersWithSpaces>525</o:CharactersWithSpaces>
> <o:Version>9.2720</o:Version>
> </oocumentProperties>
> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
> <w:WordDocument>
> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
> </w:WordDocument>
> </xml><![endif]-->
> <style>
> <!--
> /* Font Definitions */
> @font-face
> {font-family:Garamond;
> panose-1:2 2 4 4 3 3 1 1 8 3;
> mso-font-charset:0;
> mso-generic-font-family:roman;
> mso-font-pitch:variable;
> mso-font-signature:647 0 0 0 159 0;}
> /* Style Definitions */
> p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
> {mso-style-parent:"";
> margin:0in;
> margin-bottom:.0001pt;
> mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
> font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:"Times New Roman";
> mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
> h1
> {mso-style-next:Normal;
> margin-top:0in;
> margin-right:24.0pt;
> margin-bottom:0in;
> margin-left:26.0pt;
> margin-bottom:.0001pt;
> text-align:center;
> mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
> page-break-after:avoid;
> mso-outline-level:1;
> tab-stops:440.0pt;
> font-size:10.0pt;
> mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:"Times New Roman";
> color:#333333;
> mso-font-kerning:0pt;
> font-weight:normal;
> font-style:italic;}
> h2
> {margin-right:0in;
> mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
> mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
> margin-left:0in;
> mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
> mso-outline-level:2;
> font-size:18.0pt;
> font-family:"Times New Roman";
> font-weight:bold;}
> a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
> {color:#333333;
> text-decoration:underline;
> text-underline:single;}
> a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
> {color:#333333;
> text-decoration:underline;
> text-underline:single;}
> p
> {margin-right:0in;
> mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
> mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
> margin-left:0in;
> mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
> font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:"Times New Roman";
> mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
> @page Section1
> {size:8.5in 11.0in;
> margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
> mso-header-margin:.5in;
> mso-footer-margin:.5in;
> mso-paper-source:0;}
> div.Section1
> {page:Section1;}
> -->
> </style>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="3074">
> <o:colormenu v:ext="edit" fillcolor="none"/>
> </o:shapedefaults></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/>
> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
> </head>
>
> <body bgcolor=white background="./contactus_files/image001.jpg"
> lang=EN-US
> link="#333333" vlink="#333333" style='tab-interval:.5in' no-repeat>
> <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
> <v:background id="_x0000_s1030" o:bwmode="white"
> o:targetscreensize="800,600">
> <v:fill src="./contactus_files/image001.jpg" o:title="background"
> type="frame"/>
> </v:background></xml><![endif]-->
>
> <div class=Section1>
>
> <div align=center>
>
> <table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=883
> style='width:662.5pt;
> mso-cellspacing:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 0in 0in' MARGINHEIGHT=0>
> <tr style='height:51.45pt'>
> <td width="100%" colspan=3 valign=bottom
> style='width:100.0%;padding:0in 0in 0in 0in;
> height:51.45pt'>
> <p align=center style='text-align:center'><!--[if gte vml
> 1]><v:shapetype
> id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75"
> oreferrelative="t"
> path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f">
> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/>
> <v:formulas>
> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/>
> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/>
> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/>
> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/>
> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/>
> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/>
> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/>
> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/>
> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/>
> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/>
> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/>
> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/>
> </v:formulas>
> <vath o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/>
> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/>
> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75"
> style='width:657.75pt;
> height:80.25pt' oreferrelative="f">
> <v:imagedata src="./contactus_files/image002.jpg"
> o:title="topbanner(wholething)"
> blacklevel="-655f"/>
> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><img width=877 height=107
> src="./contactus_files/image003.jpg"
> v:shapes="_x0000_i1025"><![endif]></p>
> </td>
> </tr>
> <tr style='height:167.25pt'>
> <td width="14%" valign=top style='width:14.86%;padding:0in 0in 0in
> 0in;
> height:167.25pt'>
> <p class=MsoNormal><map name=MicrosoftOfficeMap0><area shape=Rect
> coords="32, 243, 99, 259"
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/contactus.html"><area
> shape=Rect coords="28, 225, 108, 241"
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SLinks.html"><area shape=Rect
> coords="26, 208, 105, 224"
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SBanquet.html"><area
> shape=Rect coords="25, 189, 108, 205"
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SPublications.html"><area
> shape=Rect
> coords="25, 174, 109, 188"
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/SCommittee.html"><area shape=Rect
> coords="25, 153, 111, 171"
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/sympos2005.html"></map><img
> border=0
> width=129 height=371 id="_x0000_i1026"
> src="..\contactus_files\image004.gif"
> usemap="#MicrosoftOfficeMap0"><o></o></p>
> </td>
> <td width="70%" valign=top style='width:70.24%;padding:0in 0in 0in
> 0in;
> height:167.25pt' margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:6.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:6.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:14.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> font-size: 16.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:6.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
> Garamond
> margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:
>
> 0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:
> 440.0pt font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:13.5pt;font-family:
> Garamond s,
> Newfoundland< /span>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
> style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
> style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
>
> style='font-size:16.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'>CONTACT
> US:</span></b><span
> style='font-size:16.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:Garamond'> <o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
> style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
> style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
> style='font-family:Garamond'>Telephone: (709)
> 726-3660<o></o></span></p>
> <p align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:0in;
>
> margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
> style='font-family:Garamond'>Facsimile: (709) 753-5699<br>
> E-mail: <a href="(E-Mail Removed)">(E-Mail Removed)</a></span><b><span
>
> style='font-size:1.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'><o></o></span></b></p>
> <p align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:0in;
>
> margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
>
> style='font-size:1.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
> <p align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;margin-bottom:0in;
>
> margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;tab-stops:440.0pt'><b><span
>
> style='font-size:1.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></b></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;
>
> margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
> tab-stops:440.0pt'><span
> style='font-size:10.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt;
> font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;
>
> margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
> tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'>150th
> Anniversary Symposium
> Committee<br>
> c/o Archives of the Archdiocese of St. John's<br>
> Military Road, St. John's, Newfoundland<br>
> Canada, A1C 5H5</span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;
>
> margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
> tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><br
> style='mso-special-character:
> line-break'>
> <![if !supportLineBreakNewLine]><br
> style='mso-special-character:line-break'>
> <![endif]><o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;
>
> margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
> tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;
>
> margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
> tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></span></p>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center
> style='margin-top:0in;margin-right:24.0pt;
>
> margin-bottom:0in;margin-left:26.0pt;margin-bottom:.0001pt;text-align:center;
> tab-stops:440.0pt'><span style='font-family:Garamond'><a
>
> href="http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~jfitz/sympos2005.html">Back</a></span><span
>
> style='font-size:7.0pt;mso-bidi-font-size:12.0pt'><o></o></span></p>
> </td>
> <td valign=top style='padding:0in 0in 0in 0in;height:167.25pt'>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><a
> href="http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/ccha.html"><span
> style='text-decoration:none;text-underline:none'><!--[if gte vml
> 1]><v:shape
> id="_x0000_i1027" type="#_x0000_t75"
> style='width:96.75pt;height:277.5pt'
> oreferrelative="f">
> <v:imagedata src="./contactus_files/image004.jpg"
> o:title="rightbanner"
> blacklevel="-655f"/>
> </v:shape><![endif]--><![if !vml]><img border=0 width=129 height=370
> src="./contactus_files/image005.jpg"
> v:shapes="_x0000_i1027"><![endif]></span></a><span
> style='font-size:10.0pt'><o></o></span></p>
> </td>
> </tr>
> </table>
>
> </div>
>
> <p class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><![if
> !supportEmptyParas]>&nbsp;<![endif]><o></o></p>
>
> </div>
>
> <!-- End ImageReady Slices -->
> </body>
>
> </html>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon de Poer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
Yet you had time to post a fabulously unhelpful reply. Clearly you have
time to waste -- so why not take a look at my "code" o keeper of all
knowledge. Looser.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
Jon de Poer wrote:
> Yet you had time to post a fabulously unhelpful reply. Clearly you have
> time to waste -- so why not take a look at my "code" o keeper of all
> knowledge. Looser.


My post WAS very helpful. Post a URL if you want an answer. Can some
one post the link to "Why we don't answer your question" for this fine lad?

--
-=tn=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve Pugh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
"Jon de Poer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm trying to insert an imagemap into one of my webpages, but the
>graphic refuses to appear. For some reason the map itself appears, but
>the image does not. I'm not an HTML purist (I use MS WORD and Photoshop
>for my pages), but I've tried changing around the file location, etc.
>and nothing seems to work.


From your code:
<img border=0 width=129 height=371 id="_x0000_i1026"
src="..\contactus_files\image004.gif" usemap="#MicrosoftOfficeMap0">

That's not a proper URL.
You're also missing the required alt attribute from that image.
And IDs can not begin with an underscore.

Next time post a URL and validate your code before asking for help.
http://diveintomark.org/archives/200..._wont_help_you

Steve

--
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon de Poer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
My question has been answered -- and I I didn't need Comic Book Guy's
snappy comments. Thanks Will.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Joel Shepherd
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005
"Jon de Poer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> My question has been answered -- and I I didn't need Comic Book Guy's
> snappy comments.


It's good your question was answered. That doesn't invalidate the
comments that CBG (?) made.

Just for future reference, please post a URL to the page in question,
instead of including the source in your message. Here are some reasons
why posting the URL only is a better way to go:
1) It saves the people who may be able to help you from having to copy
and paste your source into a file, save it to their local system, open
it in an editor, add a base href to the document so they can also view
the images, save it again, view it, and then clean up the temporary
file(s) afterwards.
2) It makes it easier for many people to run validators and other
tools on the source.
3) It saves space on news servers around the world, which generally
reserve only a fixed amount of space for each of the thousands of
newsgroups they carry. Posting a large message essentially causes many
smaller, older messages to be flushed from the news server. (Sure, your
one measly message is not going to cause a disaster ... If thousands of
other usenet users do the same, however, it'll degrade the experience
for everyone.)

Make sense?

--
Joel.
 
Reply With Quote
 
dorayme
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-04-2005
> From: Travis Newbury <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> Jon de Poer wrote:
>> Yet you had time to post a fabulously unhelpful reply. Clearly you have
>> time to waste -- so why not take a look at my "code" o keeper of all
>> knowledge. Looser.

>
> My post WAS very helpful. Post a URL if you want an answer. Can some
> one post the link to "Why we don't answer your question" for this fine lad?
>



Don't use Word to make a web page. Image maps are quite simple and work very
reliably. Travis is right, no one is going to plow thru that terrible
code...

dorayme

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Help Help Pentax S5i Help needed (Please) The Martian Digital Photography 14 06-20-2008 07:56 AM
HELP - HELP - HELP =?Utf-8?B?S2ltb24gSWZhbnRpZGlz?= ASP .Net 4 03-09-2006 12:46 PM
HELP WANTED HELP WANTED HELP WANTED Harvey ASP .Net 1 07-16-2004 01:12 PM
HELP WANTED HELP WANTED HELP WANTED Harvey ASP .Net 0 07-16-2004 10:00 AM
HELP! HELP! HELP! Opening Web Application Project Error =?Utf-8?B?dHJlbGxvdzQyMg==?= ASP .Net 0 02-20-2004 05:16 PM



Advertisments