Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Printing multiple html docs - windows

Printing multiple html docs - windows

unwiseone

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right group to post this question. I have a lot
of html and htm files in a folder and I want to print them all without
having to manually select each one and print the file. Does anyone know
how to print all files at once?

- P

JDS

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:41:28 -0700, unwiseone wrote:

> Does anyone know
> how to print all files at once?

for i in *html
do
html2ps "$i" | lp
done

oops! you said "windows". Can't help you. Get a good OS[1]

[1] I realize that OS bashing is of-topic. whatchagonnado?
--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

Roy Schestowitz

JDS wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:41:28 -0700, unwiseone wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know
>> how to print all files at once?

> for i in *html
> do
> html2ps "$i" | lp
> done
>
> oops! you said "windows". Can't help you. Get a good OS[1]

I was going to suggest something similar:

lpr -P[PRINTER] *.htm

The investment in learning an operating system with a CLI (command-line
interface) is invaluable. You can manipulate thousands of pages using
short, unambiguous statements. Unfortunately, I don't think Windows Vista
will incorporate a new CLI. There were talks about whether Longhorn (at the
time) would have sufficient time for that inclusion. I can't give you a
definite answer.

Your best friend at present are keyboard accelerators, e.g. CTRL+O
(traditionally) for "Open...", CTRL+P for printing and so forth.

I strongly believe that poor user interfaces and lack of productivity tools
are the key motives for people employ Windows-proficient users to open and
print document in batch mode, copy numbers from papers, run daily jobs
(otherwise cron jobs)... you probably see where my argument is going.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com