Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Editing HTML in Dreamweaver

Editing HTML in Dreamweaver

Andy Dingley

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:28:45 -0400, David Chandler <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>the left side and the bottom cut off at a certain
>point which if Joe Shmoe with the high res plasma screen wanted to view my
>web page it would only fill out one corner of the browser.

Learn some CSS, starting with the backgrund-image property. Then look
at the settings for background-repeat : repeat-x;

You'll need a background stripe that's tall, thin and can be repeated ad
infinitum. Then overlay the top-left triangle over the top as a separate
image.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:
> With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

>> If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
>> large at over a half a megabyte.

> Oh, *that's* why it didn't finish loading. I was going to tell DC but I
> think now he knows.

No ack that it means anything to him, but he has that information, yes.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

David Chandler

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:07:55 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

>>> If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
>>> large at over a half a megabyte.

>> Oh, *that's* why it didn't finish loading. I was going to tell DC but I
>> think now he knows.

> No ack that it means anything to him, but he has that information, yes.

You guys have given me some very informative stuff! Thanks so much!