Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Editing HTML in Dreamweaver

Editing HTML in Dreamweaver

David Chandler

Hello all:

I just sat down and started delving into the nuts and bolts of Dreamweaver
and came up with the following so far...

http://users.rcn.com/solitude439/

I know it looks somewhat amateurish but what I'm trying to do is to get
the graphics that I'm using for the top and the sides to fill out in any
resolution. Right now, the left side and the bottom cut off at a certain
point which if Joe Shmoe with the high res plasma screen wanted to view my
web page it would only fill out one corner of the browser. If you look at
http://www.wahoocomputers.com the graphics for the top and bottom of the
page fill out nicely. How would I set up my page to fill out this way?

Thanks In Advance.

D.C.

Blinky the Shark

David Chandler wrote:

> I just sat down and started delving into the nuts and bolts of Dreamweaver
> and came up with the following so far...

> http://users.rcn.com/solitude439/

Run it through here:

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

And read the warnings at the bottom of the page.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

David Chandler

Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
question though!!

Check out the Wahoo Computers website to see what I'm talking about...

http://www.wahoocomputers.com

Thanks.

D.C.

David Chandler wrote:

> Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
> question though!!

It doesn't. It addresses another problem.

Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

--

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 03:55:43 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> David Chandler wrote:
>
>> Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
>> question though!!

> It doesn't. It addresses another problem.
>
> Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

Okay...

Anyway, what's the OTHER problem? You're leaving me in suspense!

D.C.

Blinky the Shark

David Chandler wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 03:55:43 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> David Chandler wrote:

>>> Thanks!! That's a pretty cool website! I don't know if it answers my
>>> question though!!

>> It doesn't. It addresses another problem.

>> Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

> Okay...

> Anyway, what's the OTHER problem? You're leaving me in suspense!

I don't know, which is why I haven't made something up just for the
sake of taking up space here. But I hope you get that enormous-page
issue worked out. And thanks for quitting top posting.

--

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:27:06 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> David Chandler wrote:

>>> It doesn't. It addresses another problem.

>>> Please don't top post. This isn't "Jeopardy".

>> Okay...

>> Anyway, what's the OTHER problem? You're leaving me in suspense!

> I don't know, which is why I haven't made something up just for the
> sake of taking up space here. But I hope you get that enormous-page
> issue worked out. And thanks for quitting top posting.

Your welcome! I'm a top poster from back in the day! That might be due to
the fact that Deja News (now Google) used to place the cursor at the
beginning of your reply instead of the end. I was addicted to Deja News.
Sorry, bad habits are hard to break I guess!!

Anyway, I'm sure that site will come in handy!

Thanks again!

Blinky the Shark

David Chandler wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:27:06 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

<snip>

>> I don't know, which is why I haven't made something up just for the
>> sake of taking up space here. But I hope you get that
>> enormous-page issue worked out. And thanks for quitting top posting.

> Your welcome! I'm a top poster from back in the day! That might be
> due to the fact that Deja News (now Google) used to place the cursor
> at the beginning of your reply instead of the end. I was addicted to
> Deja News.

It's the user's hardly-awesome responsibility to use arrow or page-down
keys, or the mouse, to post elsewhere (snipping on the way down).

The Awful Truth: http://blinkynet.net/comp/toppost.html

> Sorry, bad habits are hard to break I guess!!

> Anyway, I'm sure that site will come in handy!

If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
large at over a half a megabyte.

> Thanks again!

You're welcome.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Travis Newbury

David Chandler wrote:
> I just sat down and started delving into the nuts and bolts of Dreamweaver
> and came up with the following so far...
> http://users.rcn.com/solitude439/

First, your page is way too heavy. I will assume this is because of
how you made your Flash object. Lose the flash or make it work right
by importing the images dynamically. This will totally lighten up your
page. Also, look at "swish" (google it for URL) it is a great tool for
making flash for people that don't have a clue about flash.

> I know it looks somewhat amateurish...

Na it looks like everything else out there.

> but what I'm trying to do is to get
> the graphics that I'm using for the top and the sides to fill out in any
> resolution.

Then stop setting a height. Also do a google for "design any size" or
wait around and someone will give you the links here. It is a topic
discussed quite often here.

--
-=tn=-

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed:

> If for no reason than to keep remind you that that page is waaaaay too
> large at over a half a megabyte.

Oh, *that's* why it didn't finish loading. I was going to tell DC but I
think now he knows.

--
Neredbojias