Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Tables Behaving Badly

Tables Behaving Badly

mbstevens

Parrot wrote:
>>Did you actually read the article? It is talking about replacements for
>>image maps, not the old fashioned image maps themselves. As a side
>>benefit, you learn how to layer text over images in interesting ways.

> It's an interesting technique, but I believe it would still limit me to a
> single fixed background image, would it not?

Don't see why. You would just place your images of rounded corners in
the left and right columns of a CSS 3 column template, equidistant from
the window top, and (possibly) with the z-index of the left and right
column set higher than the center column.

mbstevens

Mark Parnell wrote:

>>(Ducks as beer cans are thrown.)

> (Wishes he had an artistic flair so he could draw "ducks as beer cans"
> being thrown.)

http://www.mbstevens.com/B/relaxedduck.gif
Maybe the ducks could throw their stogies.
(Common practice in Country and Punk bars
that don't discriminate against Avians.)

Jonathan N. Little

Parrot wrote:

> I found the answer, another friend helped. Apparently I had to remove all
> the tab characters from the document. Looks like Microsoft won't let me
> indent my HTML code in order to make it more readable. I'm a little annoyed
> about that... but it worked.

Yes, the browsers are supposed to ignore the whitespace, but *some* do
not. I think you found one When using image-slicing with tables I
remove all the whitespace even CR's between tags prevents a lot of
headaches. Not great for maintenance though...
--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO