Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Links

Links

Jonathan N. Little

dorayme wrote:
<snip>

> On a mac at least, one can modify the action of the mouse in various ways. I
> have mentioned the time based contextual menu that pops up next to the
> arrow. There are also modifier keys, pressing command on the keyboard allows
> scrolling by simply moving the mouse up and down (a hand appears as in
> Illustrator for positioning the canvas...). And so on... It is a different
> way of doing things using the features that already exist and are quite - er
> um... - handy like the keyboard.

Oh there are still modifier keys...Shift+Left Btn + up/down mouse move
scales brushes ALT/CTRL+Left Btn temp swap additive or subtractive masks
Scroll wheel zooms in and out and do multiple things at once.... can be
quite efficient

> Each to his own of course but it suits me because too much mouse work gives
> me problems with my hands, wrists, tendons ... the less and simpler to do
> with a mouse the better...
>

> dorayme

As an artist, spend a lot of time with a mouse, not had a problem with
my wrists and hands. I find small mice cramp the hand. Got a tablet but
I never really liked it, not a very good one so it is probably not fair
to to judge it with real tablets....

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Evert | Collab

dorayme wrote:

>>From: Evert | Collab <(E-Mail Removed)> Organization: MCI Canada News
>>Reader Service Newsgroups: alt.html Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:39:04 -0400
>>Subject: Re: Links
>>
>>Jonathan N. Little wrote: dorayme wrote: <snip>

> ?
>
>>Seems as a kinda weird statement.. how can you ever be more efficient with one
>>hand, than if you would train your vingers [remember why they put more than 1
>>key on the keyboard, same principal; but more extreme ]
>>

> Just another thought about your perplexity: I don't think you realise just
> how weird is the statement. The full extent of its weirdness has to do with
> what might be called The Zen of Mousing (the title, as it happens, of a
> forthcoming book of mine).
>
> dorayme

Burn the witch!!! =)

Oh well, I guess everybody has their personal favorite..

take care,
Evert