Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Links

Links

Nowhere

How do I create links which appear on the left hand side of a page, with
other text written alongside them? Thank you.

Barbara de Zoete

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:33 +0100, Nowhere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> How do I create links which appear on the left hand side of a page, with
> other text written alongside them?

Find a page that has this feature. Left click your mouse. Study the source. Try
create a simple example from what you find. Learn and grow from there.

At least that is how I did it.

Barbara de Zoete

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:00:59 +0200, Barbara de Zoete <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:33 +0100, Nowhere <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> How do I create links which appear on the left hand side of a page, with
>> other text written alongside them?

> Find a page that has this feature. Left click your

mouse. ^^^^
erm, right click

David Dorward

Nowhere wrote:

> How do I create links which appear on the left hand side of a page, with
> other text written alongside them? Thank you.

http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=TwoColumnLayouts

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

David Dorward wrote:
> Nowhere wrote:
>
>> How do I create links which appear on the left hand side of a
>> page, with other text written alongside them? Thank you.

> http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=TwoColumnLayouts

Most of those are quite old, David. Glish, especially. While good when
it was first posted, it uses lotsa pixel measurements. I like Ben
Meadowcroft's templates.

http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev...s/spider1.html

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Joel Shepherd

"Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:00:59 +0200, Barbara de Zoete <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:52:33 +0100, Nowhere <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> How do I create links which appear on the left hand side of a page, with
> >> other text written alongside them?

> > Find a page that has this feature. Left click your
> > mouse. ^^^^

> erm, right click

My mouse has only one button, you insensitive slob!

--
Joel.

Blinky the Shark

Joel Shepherd wrote:

> My mouse has only one button, you insensitive slob!

Yeah, I used to have a defective mouse, too...wait, maybe it's not your
*mouse* that's defective...

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Barbara de Zoete quothed

> > Find a page that has this feature. Left click your

> mouse. ^^^^
> erm, right click

Apparently some people learn and grow better than others.

--
Neredbojias

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Blinky the Shark quothed

> Joel Shepherd wrote:
>
> > My mouse has only one button, you insensitive slob!

> Yeah, I used to have a defective mouse, too...wait, maybe it's not your
> *mouse* that's defective...

Yeah. Push one of my wife's buttons and see how defective her mouse
becomes.

--
Neredbojias

Barbara de Zoete

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:57:45 GMT, Joel Shepherd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:00:59 +0200, Barbara de Zoete <(E-Mail Removed)>

>> > Find a page that has this feature. Left click your
>> > mouse. ^^^^

>> erm, right click

> My mouse has only one button, you insensitive slob!

LOL