Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Clicking to another URL outside of an IFRAME

Clicking to another URL outside of an IFRAME

.Net Sports

When I'm on a page inside an IFRAME, and want to go to another page or
URL, I want to get out of the IFRAMEd page, and into another browser
window. But using taget="blank" as an attribute to the href doesnt work
(???).
..netsports

David Dorward

..Net Sports wrote:

> When I'm on a page inside an IFRAME, and want to go to another page or
> URL, I want to get out of the IFRAMEd page, and into another browser
> window. But using taget="blank" as an attribute to the href doesnt work

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#h-6.16

.... but the better solution is not using frames in the first place:
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Prob...h_using_frames

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Disco Octopus

..Net Sports wrote :
> When I'm on a page inside an IFRAME, and want to go to another page or
> URL, I want to get out of the IFRAMEd page, and into another browser
> window. But using taget="blank" as an attribute to the href doesnt work
> (???).
> .netsports

try "_blank" instead of "blank"
try "_top" too.

--
a beef jerky web site : http://www.choicebeefjerky.com.au
teach the kids how to ride a skate board, then learn yourself