Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Hover a <td>?

Hover a <td>?

jb

Can it be done?

David Dorward

jb wrote:

> Can it be done?

It? Please let the body of the message stand alone.

Stylesheets can match :hover on any element, but Internet Explorer only
supports it on <a> elements with href attributes. JavaScript can work
around that limitation.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Robert Frost-Bridges

jb wrote:

> Can it be done?

Difficult to say from your post, but you may have more success styling the
links in a list and utilising display:block rather than a table.

--
Robert
http://brightonfixedodds.net

jb

>>Can it be done?
>

> Difficult to say from your post, but you may have more success styling the
> links in a list and utilising display:block rather than a table.

I'm looking for a way to make a whole <td> hover, like a li does in
listamatic, without knowing the width of a particular cell.

Vladdy

http://vladdy.net/demos/iepseudoclassesfix.html
--
Vladdy
http://www.klproductions.com

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed jb <(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:c3BBe.2280$(E-Mail Removed) m:

>>>Can it be done?

>> Difficult to say from your post, but you may have more success styling
>> the links in a list and utilising display:block rather than a table.

> I'm looking for a way to make a whole <td> hover, like a li does in
> listamatic, without knowing the width of a particular cell.

You're going to have issues doing that for IE since it does not recognize
hover on anything but the A element. You might be able to find some
javascript that will do it for you.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Change cell color when hover VB Programmer ASP .Net 3 06-11-2004 10:09 PM
Everytime I hover cursro over a posting, it crosses out with red mark on it.. on every posting alanb ASP .Net 2 04-23-2004 02:23 PM
Hover button Brad ASP .Net 6 01-25-2004 08:29 PM
Toolbar appears on image hover Paul ASP .Net 2 07-16-2003 04:34 PM
hover help / Tool Tip help in ASP.NET data gris control column msnews.microsoft.com ASP .Net 0 06-26-2003 07:20 AM

Advertisments