Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > e-mail form to an internal e-mail server??

e-mail form to an internal e-mail server??

Leonard Blaisdell

In article <db42gu$f6$1$(E-Mail Removed)>,
David Dorward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> No. You need a server side form handler (well, there is mailto: but its
> horrible at best, and doesn't work at worst).

Where is that RFC defining mailto: that I expected eight years ago? Life
would be so much simpler.

leo

--
<http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/

David Dorward

kchayka wrote:

> I don't agree. mailto: doesn't work for all of the people, even some of
> the time, but it does work for some of the people all of the time.
>
> When I'm given a choice between mailto: and a form, I'll take mailto:
> every time.

The subject isn't mailto or a form, its mailto as a form action.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

kchayka

David Dorward wrote:

> kchayka wrote:
>
>> When I'm given a choice between mailto: and a form, I'll take mailto:
>> every time.

> The subject isn't mailto or a form, its mailto as a form action.

Well then, I change my mind and agree with you 100% - mailto: sucks in
that case.