Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how to track loaded sites

how to track loaded sites

vinegoni@uiuc.edu

sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.
thanks
-Claudio

David Dorward

> sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
> websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
> how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
> sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.

Stick a logging proxy server between your browser and the WWW.

I'd probably knock one up with Perl's HTTP:roxy module.
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=HTTP%3A%3AProxy

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Andy Dingley

On 9 Jul 2005 12:46:11 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?

Try Firefox and look at the many freebie extensions that are
downloadable for it. There are several header viewers that will allow
you to track the HTTP traffic. I'm using "Live HTTP Headers"

data64

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in news:1120938371.823625.139310
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
> websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
> how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
> sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.
> thanks

I use wget for this.
wget -Sv http://somewebpage
will show all the headers being returned from the browser.

The same kind of information can be obtained using the LiveHttpHeaders
extension for both Firefox and Mozilla Seamonkey.

data64

vinegoni@uiuc.edu

thanks a lot
livehttp works perfectly
-Claudio

insert track reference in mp3 track D@Z Computer Support 1 05-02-2008 03:32 PM
Old certification track vs new certification track. Barkley Hughes MCAD 5 11-12-2006 02:41 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
Keeping track of which user controls need to be loaded and which not John ASP .Net 0 07-08-2003 09:26 AM
Re: how to programatically give assembly loaded from network the same trust as those loaded from local host? Marcelo Birnbach [MS] ASP .Net 0 06-27-2003 11:51 PM

Advertisments