Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how to specify minimum page width?

how to specify minimum page width?

Travis Newbury

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> Travis Newbury wrote:
>>Rovin wrote:
>>>Correct, it's a bug

>>MS bashers... how 90's...

> So horribly-broken products magically become all right when the
> millennium (century? decade?) changes?

No, Microsoft bashing is just childish and immature at best...

--
-=tn=-

Leif K-Brooks

Travis Newbury wrote:
> Leif K-Brooks wrote:
>
>> Travis Newbury wrote:

>>> MS bashers... how 90's...

>> So horribly-broken products magically become all right when the
>> millennium (century? decade?) changes?

> No, Microsoft bashing is just childish and immature at best...

No one here has bashed Microsoft. Some of us have been criticizing one
of its most broken products, Internet Explorer.

Sorry. Let me start again.

I love IE! I love screwless computer cases! I love Firestone tires! I'm
not childish, and I know it because I love every broken product ever
invented!

Travis Newbury

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
>>No, Microsoft bashing is just childish and immature at best...

> No one here has bashed Microsoft. Some of us have been criticizing one
> of its most broken products, Internet Explorer.

"IE is not a browser"
"No it is a bug"

Apparently we have a different view over what bashing is. If you have a
complaint with IE (and there are many, I only use it when the site will
not work right with FF) then mention them. Saying "IE is not a browser"
or "IE is a bug" is, in my opinion, bashing.

--
-=tn=-

Vladdy

Travis Newbury wrote:

> Apparently we have a different view over what bashing is. If you have a
> complaint with IE (and there are many, I only use it when the site will
> not work right with FF) then mention them. Saying "IE is not a browser"
> or "IE is a bug" is, in my opinion, bashing.

browser:
2. a computer program used for accessing sites or information on a
network (as the World Wide Web)

Can IE access XML file? No. Therefore it is not a browser, but a sub par
HTML renderer.

--
Vladdy
http://www.klproductions.com

dorayme

> From: Vladdy <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> Can IE access XML file? No. Therefore it is not a browser, but a sub par
> HTML renderer.

This is poor reasoning... See if you can spot the error.

dorayme

Leif K-Brooks

Vladdy wrote:
> Can IE access XML file? No. Therefore it is not a browser, but a sub par
> HTML renderer.

Can Mozilla render PDF files natively? No. Therefor it is not a browser.

(XML isn't a core Web technology. The core parts of HTTP which IE
doesn't support are.)

Els

Stan McCann wrote:

> Els was perfectly correct in his statement.

Impossible. Would require a sex change

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Stan McCann

"Greg N." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:damf4u$od8$(E-Mail Removed):

> Els wrote:
>
>> min-width:40em; works for most browsers.
>> For IE you'll need tricks to do it.

> That's a funny statement.
>
> IE *is* most browsers, like it or not.

No, IE is the most popular browser (but slipping). There are many
others that make up "most." Els was perfectly correct in his
statement.

http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Els

Stan McCann wrote:

> Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Stan McCann wrote:
>>
>>> Els was perfectly correct in his statement.

>> Impossible. Would require a sex change

> Am I to take that as you are a her? Sorry.

np
Els is a Dutch abbreviation of Elizabeth

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Stan McCann

Els <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Stan McCann wrote:
>
>> Els was perfectly correct in his statement.

> Impossible. Would require a sex change

Am I to take that as you are a her? Sorry.

http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Minimum resolution of web page? Sarah Houston Computer Support 25 01-22-2008 06:27 PM
Can i specify how much of an aspx page should print? =?Utf-8?B?TXJNaWtl?= ASP .Net 1 04-02-2005 09:01 PM
Anyone ever setup a custom error page? Mine doesn't work if I specify it as a page Larry Woods ASP General 16 07-11-2004 09:10 PM
Specify page? LL ASP .Net 1 11-05-2003 03:46 PM
In web.config, how to specify a page that can be accessed without login? TaeHo Yoo ASP .Net 2 07-29-2003 02:17 AM

Advertisments