Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > RESET button as an image

RESET button as an image

Reiner Wagner

Hello,

it's possible to make the SUBMIT button as an image

I have simply to said <type = image src="...."> in a form, and it works as a
SUBMIT button.

Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?

Thanks in advance,

Reiner

Jukka K. Korpela

"Reiner Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> it's possible to make the SUBMIT button as an image

Not really. It is possible to create a _substitute_ for a SUBMIT button
using <input type="image" ...>. It works in a different, and generally
inferior way, but it may mostly accomplish the same basic thing.

> I have simply to said <type = image src="...."> in a form, and it
> works as a SUBMIT button.

No you haven't (you used <input ...>), and no it doesn't work as SUBMIT
button, though it acts as a button that submits the form.

> Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?

The short answer is that RESET buttons are destructive and should not
be used, except in situations where destruction of user input is really
desirable, and then you don't want to use an image. The long answer is
at http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/imagereset.html

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Leif K-Brooks

Reiner Wagner wrote:
> I have simply to said <type = image src="...."> in a form, and it works as a
> SUBMIT button.
>
> Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/imagereset.html

Vladdy

Reiner Wagner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it's possible to make the SUBMIT button as an image
>
> I have simply to said <type = image src="...."> in a form, and it works as a
> SUBMIT button.
>
> Is it possible to do the same with a RESET button?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Reiner

Separate content from presentation:
http://www.vladdy.net/demos/submitstyling.html