Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE

MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE

TreatMe Like1

MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
way it was.
MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
thank you

BJ in Texas

TreatMe Like1 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
|| MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
|| so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and
|| most of my sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from
|| different site. everyone should complain to MSN about it so
|| they will put back signature to the way it was.
|| MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain
|| to MSN but they aren`t doing anything unless they get more
|| complaint on the matter. i wanted to people of the group to
|| know what is going on
|| thank you

Use of a signiture over 4 lines in length is considered bad
manners.

--
"Give me ambiguity or give me something else." -- Unknown

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
> so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
> sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
> should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
> way it was.
> MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
> they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
> i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
> thank you

Who cares? If you've got a 2200 character sig. I'd add you to my
BozoBin straight away, particularly as, judging by your post, you've got
nothing to say that's worth hearing.

--
Hywel

Kill the Crazy Frog
http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/

Toby Inkster

TreatMe Like1 wrote:

> MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
> so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less

They should have limited it to 320 (=4x80) characters.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Now Playing ~ ./snow_patrol/final_straw/01_how_to_be_dead.ogg

Simon

> MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
> so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
> sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
> should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
> way it was.
> MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
> they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
> i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
> thank you

Ok, you got me, where is your Sig, I'm curious now.

Simon

cwdjrxyz@yahoo.com

Simon wrote:
> > MSN HAS LIMITED SIGNATURE SPACE
> > so now you are limited to write 1000 characters or less and most of my
> > sigs are 2200 to 2800 that i have gotten from different site. everyone
> > should complain to MSN about it so they will put back signature to the
> > way it was.
> > MSN is taking away our beautiful signatures I have complain to MSN but
> > they aren`t doing anything unless they get more complaint on the matter.
> > i wanted to people of the group to know what is going on
> > thank you

> Ok, you got me, where is your Sig, I'm curious now.
>
> Simon

Notice the mail is from a WebTV address. WebTV's name has now been
changed to MSNTV by Microsoft who bought WebTV a few years ago, but
either a WebTV or MSNTV address can be used on the service's mail. The
MSNTV, or WebTV, service is for a set top box that is no longer being
made. It is extremely limited and outdated. Microsoft now has a new set
top box called MSNTV2 which still is very limited, but at least it has
more or less of an IE6 browser rather than the very old, non-standard
browser on the old boxes. The service for the old boxes probably will
be ended when the service no longer makes a profit, but without new
sets, the service is doomed. There are several die-hards that
apparently are going to go down with the sinking ship.

In the early days of WebTV, the sets had no storage area. However they
had a fairly good mail service which allowed a signature in a signature
box. Someone long ago found they could hack the box to send html mail
and WebTV NG posts by writing the html in the sig box which stored the
code. Then they could add the text when they sent the mail or post.
However more recently WebTV added Page Builder(PB) for making template
web pages. This give storage area for storing html code for those who
wish. MSNTV can send html in the usual fashion with it written in the
body of the mail or post while keeping the signature as normal plain
text - this is just how most of the world handles this. These people
now have absolutely no problem. They can write just as long and
complicated html mail and NG posts just the way everyone else does. But
old customs can be difficult to change until one is forced to do so. I
am told this same message has been cross posted in many MSNTV NGs.

The poster may or may not have known that this is Usenet. The MSNTV NGs
that are behind a firewall and the Usenet groups are mixed on the MSNTV
groups menu.