Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Cannot get cursor into field in form

Cannot get cursor into field in form

arbpen2003@sbcglobal.net

This is driving me crazy. The markup is valid, the CSS is valid, I'm
serving it right, and I still cannot figure out why I cannot get the
cursor into the form element. I have tried on Opera, Firefox and IE -
all the same.

The url is question is http://www.american-loyalty-card.com/beta/ and
the form in question is at the upper left hand corner. The legend is
Select Location.

I don't think this is a serverside issue, as it is not throwing any
serverside errors, but I thought I would throw mspiag in case anyone
there can see something obvious.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can find out why this is occuring, and
maybe how fix it.

ASP Classic stuff:
<%
action = request.servervariables("script_name")
if request.servervariables("query_string") <> "" then
action = action & "?" & replace(request.querystring,"&","&amp;")
end if%>
<form action="<%=action%>" method="post" id="getcityform">
<thead>
for="mystate" id="mystate1">State: </label></th>
</thead>
<tbody>
size="10" /></td><td>
<select name="mystate" id="mystate" style="width:4em">
<option value="">Choose</option><%
Set locationrs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
getcitysql = "SELECT id, state_abbr FROM state ORDER BY id "
'Response.Write "<br />getcitysql: " & getcitysql
locationrs.Open getcitysql, oConn
while not locationrs.EOF
getstateid = trim(locationrs("id"))
getstate_abbr = trim(locationrs("state_abbr"))
%>
<option value="<%=getstateid%>" <%if getstateid = 6 and mystate= ""
then%>selected="selected" <% elseif getstateid = mystate
then%>selected="selected"<%end if%>><%=getstate_abbr%></option>
<%locationrs.MoveNext
wend
locationrs.Close
set locationrs = nothing
%>
</select>
</tbody>
<label for="remember" id="remember1"><input type="checkbox"
name="remember" id="remember" value="y" <%if remember="y" or
remember="" then%>checked="checked"<%end if%> /></label>Remember<br />
<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="submitcity" />
</fieldset>
</form>

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Dave Anderson

> The url is question is http://www.american-loyalty-card.com/beta/ and
> the form in question is at the upper left hand corner. The legend is
> Select Location.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'

Include file not found

/beta/conn_inc.asp, line 19

The include file 'adovbs.asp' was not found.

--
Dave Anderson

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Dave Anderson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:11c6srefkcv3150
@corp.supernews.com:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> The url is question is http://www.american-loyalty-card.com/beta/ and
>> the form in question is at the upper left hand corner. The legend is
>> Select Location.

> Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0126'
>
> Include file not found
>
> /beta/conn_inc.asp, line 19
>
> The include file 'adovbs.asp' was not found.

Thanks for looking. By the time you got that error, I had already fixed
this problem (it was a style sheet declaration), and am on to others. When
I get it debugged, I'll be sending it over to alt.html.critique (duck and
cover!).