Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Looking for Tutorial

Looking for Tutorial

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

> Hey why don't you go get ****ed bitch...

I would, but, I'm busy dealing with this right now. Maybe later.

> you are a real drag... you are
> boring and a crude pig to think you are all so great about all of
> this!!!

Tsk, tsk, tsk. A bit touchy are we today, eh? Not a good way to win
friends, a great way to make enemies, however.

> The real issue is browser support for the object and embed
> tags!

Then why was your original post?
"Anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to use a plain text editor on a
windows PC, like Wordpad to write an HTML document?"

If you wanted to know about browser support for object and embed, you
should have said so in your first post.

> If you had any sence at all

I don't have any sence, that word isn't in the dictionary. I do have,
however, have about 50 cents in pennies in my purse. I'll mail some of
them to you. Now, I should have the sense to stop replying to this
thread, but I'm having fun with it.

> instead of coming down on me,

I did not come down on you. I offered some suggestions to get you out of
possible future trouble. Hey, if you want to stand on the train tracks,
go ahead. I'm sure there will be a train along some time in the future.

> you
> would have looked at the SPECIFIC IMPORTANT ERRORS and know that IE
> supports the object tag but Firefox and Mozilla do not support it so
> the embed tag must be used, which won't validate for xHTML!!!

I'm being generous today - here you go:
<http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/>

> Learn a little humility baby and come down off your thrown...

First, I'm not a baby. Second, I don't think anyone can come off of a
past tense verb, perhaps you meant throne?

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Robert Frost-Bridges

Adrienne wrote:
[...]

> I'm being generous today - here you go:
> <http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/>

Another one is:
http://www.ambience.sk/flash-valid.htm

regards,
--
Robert
http://brightonfixedodds.net

KiwiBrian

Congratulations on a model response to an arrogant, ignorant and abusive
poster.
Brian Tozer

"Adrienne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns96869D5CA7912arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158 ...
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (E-Mail Removed) writing in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:
>
>> Hey why don't you go get ****ed bitch...

> I would, but, I'm busy dealing with this right now. Maybe later.
>
>> you are a real drag... you are
>> boring and a crude pig to think you are all so great about all of
>> this!!!

> Tsk, tsk, tsk. A bit touchy are we today, eh? Not a good way to win
> friends, a great way to make enemies, however.
>
>> The real issue is browser support for the object and embed
>> tags!

> Then why was your original post?
> "Anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to use a plain text editor on a
> windows PC, like Wordpad to write an HTML document?"
>
> If you wanted to know about browser support for object and embed, you
> should have said so in your first post.
>
>> If you had any sence at all

> I don't have any sence, that word isn't in the dictionary. I do have,
> however, have about 50 cents in pennies in my purse. I'll mail some of
> them to you. Now, I should have the sense to stop replying to this
> thread, but I'm having fun with it.
>
>> instead of coming down on me,

> I did not come down on you. I offered some suggestions to get you out of
> possible future trouble. Hey, if you want to stand on the train tracks,
> go ahead. I'm sure there will be a train along some time in the future.
>
>> you
>> would have looked at the SPECIFIC IMPORTANT ERRORS and know that IE
>> supports the object tag but Firefox and Mozilla do not support it so
>> the embed tag must be used, which won't validate for xHTML!!!

> I'm being generous today - here you go:
> <http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/>
>

>> Learn a little humility baby and come down off your thrown...
>>

> First, I'm not a baby. Second, I don't think anyone can come off of a
> past tense verb, perhaps you meant throne?
>

> --
> Adrienne Boswell
> http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)>
writing in news:da9lqf$96q$(E-Mail Removed):

> Congratulations on a model response to an arrogant, ignorant and abusive
> poster.

Why, thank you, Brian. You are a gentleman, a scholar and a fine judge of
women.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, KiwiBrian quothed

> Congratulations on a model response to an arrogant, ignorant and abusive
> poster.
> Brian Tozer

Phfff phff phff... Yep, the ol' soft-soap works every time.

--
Neredbojias

jussij@zeusedit.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to use a
> plain text editor on a windows PC, like Wordpad to
> write an HTML document?

I would definitely suggest downloading Tidy HTML to
check you HTML code:

http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

FWIW here is another link showing how to integrate
Tidy HTML into the Zeus editor:

http://www.zeusedit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194

This basically means you load the html file into the
editor and then "compile" the file using Tidy HTML.

The Zeus compiler handling then allow you to jump to
the line that contains the offending HTML tag.

NOTE: Zeus is shareware (60 day free trial period).

Jussi Jumppanen
Author of: Zeus for Windows Editor (New version 3.94 out now)