Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Photos

Photos

(PeteCresswell)

Per Blinky the Shark:
>Why bastardize their originals, and later
>convert the bastardized originals to a loss-free format just to
>preserve the original bastardization?

I've never used a professional-grade camera, but the excessive time between
shots for .TIFF on my Nikon 950 made me think it would be impractical. But now
I see that SLRs can to burst mode of 4-5 frames/sec for quite a few seconds ....
So I'd guess there's some serious memory buffering going on there...
--
PeteCresswell

dorayme

> From: Andy Dingley <(E-Mail Removed)>

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 17:21:30 -0400, "eddy long"
> <eddylong@boloney!_NOSPAM_.net> wrote:
>
>> I am thinking of submitting some digital images for publication.

> Avoids TIFFs. TIFF is a nasty format, full of all sorts of variables and
> optional features. It's about the only graphic format around where you
> can still generate a compatibility problem.

Oh, I dunno, it's not a bad format, it is not nasty, many printers like it
and it even admits compression of a non lossy kind. If you do send in TIFF
format, see my last post on this...

dorayme