Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > css 'lint'

css 'lint'

Captain Dondo

Is anyone aware of a tool that can spider through a website, keeping
track of all of the various calls to css sheets, and then list items in
the css sheets that are unused?

I've adapted a css sheet from one php app to two others, and I have lots
and lots of cruft left over in the css sheets. I can either try to pore
through all of the php code, or manually spider through the site, or see
if there is a tool to do that for me....

Spartanicus

Captain Dondo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is anyone aware of a tool that can spider through a website, keeping
>track of all of the various calls to css sheets, and then list items in
>the css sheets that are unused?

Topstyle, but it only works if you don't use multiple classes in the
HTML (<h1 class="foo bar">foobar</h1>).

--
Spartanicus