Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Java Popup on Leave Problem

Java Popup on Leave Problem

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed

> Steve Horrillo wrote:
> > I'm also having trouble with a popup on leave javascript..

> I assume this is a porn site as they are the kinds of sites that usually
> use things like this.
>
> Not that I know that from experience mind you...

Well good guess! Er, I guess.

--
Neredbojias

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Steve Horrillo quothed

> I'm also having trouble with a popup on leave javascript. It seems that it
> pops up when I browse to another page instead of waiting till I completely
> leave my site. What am I doing wrong.

As somebody else already indicated, how is "it" supposed to know when a
user leaves your site as opposed to just the page?

It is bad to use pop-ups for negative reasons. I'd venture to say that
at least 50% of users block them now because of assholes who install
pop-ups and -unders to advertise crap.

--
Neredbojias

ihaveenoughspamasitis@nospam.com

On 24-Jun-2005, "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > What am I doing wrong. Mind you, I'm using Front Page.

> You've answered your own question, haven't you?

What's wrong with Front Page?

Randy Webb

> On 24-Jun-2005, "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>>What am I doing wrong. Mind you, I'm using Front Page.

>>You've answered your own question, haven't you?

> What's wrong with Front Page?

It's easier to answer the question the other way around:

Question: What's right with Front Page?
Answer: Nothing.

--
Randy

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 05:37:06 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)
wrote:

>What's wrong with Front Page?

Cooties.

Travis Newbury

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>What am I doing wrong. Mind you, I'm using Front Page.

>>You've answered your own question, haven't you?

> What's wrong with Front Page?

Nothing is wrong with Front Page. If you depend on it to write your
code for you, you will have some pretty sloppy and bloated code. If you
use it as an editor, then it is just as good (in some cases better) than
the others out there.

--
-=tn=-

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Mark Parnell wrote:

> Previously in alt.html,comp.lang.javascript,alt.www.webmaster, microchip
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> 1.Yet again, you forgot the <!---------begin slashes

> Just get rid of the HTML comment altogether. It's not necessary.

1. It is intended as a comment within an SGML declaration `<! ... >'.
2. It is not a valid SGML comment as those comments start and end with `--'.
3. It is not only no longer necessary here, it was error-prone right
from the start and should never made it in any way into the HTML 3.2+
Specifications in the first place, not even as an example.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Travis Newbury wrote:

>>> You've answered your own question, haven't you?

>> What's wrong with Front Page?

> Nothing is wrong with Front Page. If you depend on it to write your
> code for you, you will have some pretty sloppy and bloated code. If you
> use it as an editor, then it is just as good (in some cases better) than
> the others out there.

The only problem is that FrontPage interferes with certain source code you
write if you save the document (i.e. it silently deletes it even if its
valid) which makes it hardly a good source code editor.

Please keep HTML stuff, if not related to scripting, out of cljs.
Please avoid (excessive) crossposts without Followup-To.

PointedEars, F'up2 microsoft.public.frontpage.client