Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Transparency

Transparency

Dirk

jafar schrieb:
> I've made some buttons in The Gimp using transparency and saved as .png's.
> The problem is that in every browser except IE the transparency works
> fine. In IE the buttons have a white background instead. Is there any way
> around this?

Reduce the number of colors! IE only can handle 8bit transparent gifs. I
think your png's have 24bit depth.

Dirk

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed

> I only ever use GIFS and JPEGS in any of my sites because
>
> a. they are usually smaller than PNGs
> b. they are supported by all browsers

Also, girls might think it's an abbreviation for pregnant.

--
Neredbojias

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:
> With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed

>> I only ever use GIFS and JPEGS in any of my sites because

>> a. they are usually smaller than PNGs
>> b. they are supported by all browsers

> Also, girls might think it's an abbreviation for pregnant.

It would be a pretty poor abbreviation, since there's no "n" between
the "p" and the "g" in "pregnant.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Dennis

On 24 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed

>>> I only ever use GIFS and JPEGS in any of my sites because

>>> a. they are usually smaller than PNGs
>>> b. they are supported by all browsers

>> Also, girls might think it's an abbreviation for pregnant.

> It would be a pretty poor abbreviation, since there's no "n" between
> the "p" and the "g" in "pregnant.

Obviously with a name like Neredbojias he can just stick in any letter any
place he wants.

--
Dennis

Blinky the Shark

Dennis wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

>> Neredbojias wrote:
>>> With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed

>>> Also, girls might think it's an abbreviation for pregnant.

>> It would be a pretty poor abbreviation, since there's no "n" between
>> the "p" and the "g" in "pregnant.

> Obviously with a name like Neredbojias he can just stick in any letter any
> place he wants.

I withdraw my comment.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Dennis

On 24 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

>>> It would be a pretty poor abbreviation, since there's no "n" between
>>> the "p" and the "g" in "pregnant.

>> Obviously with a name like Neredbojias he can just stick in any letter
>> any place he wants.

> I withdraw my comment.

Ok. The Nerd... is a interesting guy to have around in spite of his name. Now
if brucie would reapear.

--
Dennis

Blinky the Shark

Dennis wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

>>> Obviously with a name like Neredbojias he can just stick in any letter
>>> any place he wants.

>> I withdraw my comment.

But, it gets better...

> Ok. The Nerd... is a interesting guy to have around in spite of his name. Now
> if brucie would reapear.

^^^^^^^

Hah! *You* don't get to just make up words.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Dennis

On 25 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

>> Ok. The Nerd... is a interesting guy to have around in spite of his
>> name. Now if brucie would reapear.

> ^^^^^^^
>
> Hah! *You* don't get to just make up words.

Hah! just did.

--
Dennis

Blinky the Shark

Dennis wrote:

> On 25 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

>>> Ok. The Nerd... is a interesting guy to have around in spite of his
>>> name. Now if brucie would reapear.

>> ^^^^^^^

>> Hah! *You* don't get to just make up words.

> Hah! just did.

Where?

--
Blinky
International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005

Blinky the Shark

Dennis wrote:

> On 25 Jun 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html

>>> Ok. The Nerd... is a interesting guy to have around in spite of his
>>> name. Now if brucie would reapear.

>> ^^^^^^^

>> Hah! *You* don't get to just make up words.

> Hah! just did.

Second Response: Ignore first response; I misread your reply, despite
it only being three words long.