Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Different rendering of cell borders between browsers

Different rendering of cell borders between browsers

weight watcher

I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
with Firefox.

Here's the link:
http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ click on "catering"

Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
with these two browsers?

Thanks.

Jonathan N. Little

weight watcher wrote:

> I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
> way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
> with Firefox.
>
> Here's the link:
> http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ click on "catering"
>
> Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
> with these two browsers?
>
> Thanks.

style="border-style: solid; border-width: 1"

Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
garbage spewed by FP!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, weight watcher
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I just created a page using FrontPage in which the cell borders render the
> way I wanted when viewed with IE, but render differently/poorly when viewed
> with Firefox.

Chances are Firefox is correct and IE is not.

> Any suggestions on changes needed to get consistent rendering of this page
> with these two browsers?

Ditching FrontPage and starting again would be a good place to begin.
Use FF as your main test browser, and once the site is looking right
there[1], check in IE and add workarounds if necessary.

[1] And in every[2] other browser apart from IE.
[2] Well, OK - maybe not every browser. You can probably scratch NS4 off
that list.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Travis Newbury

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
> Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
> garbage spewed by FP!

So don't reply. <Poof> Problem solved.

--
-=tn=-

Jonathan N. Little

Travis Newbury wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Well on quick glance, that's not valid CSS! Man, I hate debugging the
>> garbage spewed by FP!

> So don't reply. <Poof> Problem solved.

Except the one error I quickly found, was a valid error. My subsequent
remark was to express my option on the quality of FPs code. FP rarely
makes maintainable code, period. And it is not alone

--
Take care,

Jonathan