Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <iframe> Tag

<iframe> Tag

JohnWMpls

The book I have was published in 2002 and it says that IE handles the
<iframe> tag but Netscape etc does not.

Do they now? Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, etc..

JohnW-Mpls

SpaceGirl

JohnWMpls wrote:
> The book I have was published in 2002 and it says that IE handles the
> <iframe> tag but Netscape etc does not.
>
> Do they now? Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, etc..
>
> JohnW-Mpls

Yes, with all the usual caveats about careful use of frames (and total
avoidance if you can). All the modern browsers support iframes.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

jake

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, JohnWMpls
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>The book I have was published in 2002 and it says that IE handles the
><iframe> tag but Netscape etc does not.
>
>Do they now? Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, etc..
>
>JohnW-Mpls

Yes, all modern browsers do. Opera as well

Support for Iframes on older browsers, though, (e.g. Netscape 4.x) is
variable -- so you might want to consider providing an (additional)
alternative for those users, if the information is important.

regards.

--
Jake
((E-Mail Removed) .... just a spam trap.)

verymicrochip@gmail.com

eg. use of the <noframes> tag