Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > what is better strict or xhtml?

what is better strict or xhtml?

windandwaves

Andy Dingley wrote:

Thank you Andy, that really helped me understand the big picture with
realistic ideas. Great. I am sure that lots of people will find that
explanation handy.

jake

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Andy Dingley
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
[snip]

>Transitional is useful because it allows the <a target="..." >
>attribute. Some will disagree as to its value, but if you want it,
>that's how you get it.

That's one way to do it.

Or you can stay 'Strict' by using javascript to set the target.

[snip]

regards.
--
Jake
((E-Mail Removed) .... just a spam trap.)

Richard Rundle

"Neredbojias" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> With neither quill nor qualm, windandwaves quothed
>
> > I have been using strict for my websites, but it seems fashionable to go

for
> > xhtml. What would you recommend?TIA- Nicolaas

> Use xhtml if you're planning on making your markup erotic.

Wouldn't that need xxxhtml ?

--
Richard

windandwaves

jake wrote:
> Or you can stay 'Strict' by using javascript to set the target.

That is what I do, it works magically. But it is a little crazy to use
Javascript for something as simply as that.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Richard Rundle quothed

> > Use xhtml if you're planning on making your markup erotic.
> >

> Wouldn't that need xxxhtml ?

I said "erotic" not "explicit". Furthermore, I find the former more
stimulating, pound-for-pound.

--
Neredbojias

Dennis

On 22 Jun 2005 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

> With neither quill nor qualm, Richard Rundle quothed
>
>> > Use xhtml if you're planning on making your markup erotic.
>> >

>> Wouldn't that need xxxhtml ?

> I said "erotic" not "explicit". Furthermore, I find the former more
> stimulating, pound-for-pound.

Nice to see you're still a perv. )

How's your health these days?

--
Dennis

Edwin van der Vaart

Neredbojias wrote:
> With neither quill nor qualm, Richard Rundle quothed
>

>>>Use xhtml if you're planning on making your markup erotic.

>>Wouldn't that need xxxhtml ?

> I said "erotic" not "explicit". Furthermore, I find the former more
> stimulating, pound-for-pound.

You can say that again.
--
Edwin van der Vaart

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Dennis quothed

> > I said "erotic" not "explicit". Furthermore, I find the former more
> > stimulating, pound-for-pound.
> >

> Nice to see you're still a perv. )

Always. It's just so much fun.

> How's your health these days?

Sucks. As you get older you wheeze alot more and your arm gets tired
much quicker.

--
Neredbojias