Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Proxy problems...

Proxy problems...

Domestos

I am creating a website for people at my place of work to use. Now, evertime
I do an update to the page - say add some news, the people at work only see
the older version of the page.

The only way round this is for them press F5 and refresh the page.

I am putting this down to the proxy at work - is there anyway I can bypass
this through the HTML document? The pages also use PHP and MySQL - do these
languages have any special bits in to sort this out?

I do not have the option to stop using the proxy or chaning internet
explorer settings, I need a webpage option...

Please help !!

TIA
Andy Mak

David Dorward

Domestos wrote:

> I am creating a website for people at my place of work to use. Now,
> evertime I do an update to the page - say add some news, the people at
> work only see the older version of the page.
>
> The only way round this is for them press F5 and refresh the page.
>
> I am putting this down to the proxy at work

Assuming the proxy isn't broken, some sane cache control headers should do
the job: http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Domestos

That should do the trick - thanks...