Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > html editors

html editors

Jane

I was thinking about downloading a html editor.

Which is the best one to use?

Thomas Jespersen

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:42:15 +0100, "Jane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Which is the best one to use?

State your OS please. My personal favorite is Emacs with the PSGML
mode. It can be a bit daunting to set up, but there is a good guide
here:

http://www.mhoenicka.de/software/sgm.../cygbook1.html

and here:

http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren.../emacs-webdev/

--
Now playing:

David Dorward

Jane wrote:

> I was thinking about downloading a html editor.
>
> Which is the best one to use?

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?HTML_editors

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Thomas Jespersen

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 20:45:28 +0200, Thomas Jespersen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

I might add that the last few days I have been looking at eclipse
which looks very promising, especially if you do a lot of serverside
programming as well:

http://www.eclipse.org/

PHPEclipse:

http://www.phpeclipse.de/

--
Now playing:
Autechre - Bike

Toby Inkster

Jane wrote:

> I was thinking about downloading a html editor.
> Which is the best one to use?

I like SciTE and Nedit. (Google for them.)

See also: http://brucieslittlevoices.me.uk/editors.txt

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Roy Schestowitz

Thomas Jespersen wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:42:15 +0100, "Jane" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Which is the best one to use?

I use KWrite and KEdit, but I'd recommend NEdit (which I haven't got
installed here).

KEdit is good because of spellchecker integration

KWrite is extremely powerful and reliable

I wish I could use NEdit more often because of the ability to select
rectagular regions of text and because of the many customisation options
offered.

> State your OS please. My personal favorite is Emacs with the PSGML
> mode. It can be a bit daunting to set up, but there is a good guide
> here:
>
> http://www.mhoenicka.de/software/sgm.../cygbook1.html
>
> and here:
>
> http://www.dzr-web.com/people/darren.../emacs-webdev/

EMacs involves a learning curve. I would not recommend it to someone who is
new to editors. Vim likewise.

> --
> Now playing:

No music?

Roy

Leif K-Brooks

Jane wrote:
> I was thinking about downloading a html editor.
>
> Which is the best one to use?

I use GVim and jEdit. jEdit is useful for working on a project with lots
of files (thanks to the ability to have multiple files open in one
window), but it's also nice to be able to type "gvim ~/foo" and get a
window open near-instantly to do a bit of quick editing.

Best Free WYSIWYG HTML Editors darren HTML 15 05-25-2009 04:24 PM
space bar in html editors RBB HTML 17 03-26-2005 03:57 PM
BEST FREE HTML EDITORS (graphic mode drag and drop) av7x HTML 0 12-05-2004 01:24 AM
Can HTML Editors change a group of pages? John Latter HTML 22 09-16-2003 01:57 AM

Advertisments