Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Menu

Re: Menu

Luigi Donatello Asero

The different colours which I have begun using on the menu should help the
user to identify which buttons refer to a certain activity, for example all
the buttons regarding intermediation for rent of holiday lodgings which are
situated in Italy have got one colour on the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html and
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
This way it should be easier for the user to find them.
The main content of all the pages belonging to a certain group could have
the same colour as the buttons which link to the page.
I find this solution much cheaper for me than to have 3 different sites.
As to sensitive content, who said that there isnīt any?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...i-italien.html

Oli Filth

Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 06/06/2005 14:25:
> The different colours which I have begun using on the menu should help the
> user to identify which buttons refer to a certain activity, for example all
> the buttons regarding intermediation for rent of holiday lodgings which are
> situated in Italy have got one colour on the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html and
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
> This way it should be easier for the user to find them.

Ah! At last, a sensible idea!

> The main content of all the pages belonging to a certain group could have
> the same colour as the buttons which link to the page.
> I find this solution much cheaper for me than to have 3 different sites.

One possibility would be to have the 3 "sites" located in 3 different
folders, e.g.:

http://www.scaiecat-spa.gigi.com/shoes/
http://www.scaiecat-spa.gigi.com/holidays/
http://www.scaiecat-spa.gigi.com/translations/

Each with its own home page, and perhaps two links to each of the other
two home pages. That way, the user doesn't have to sift through loads of
irrelevant links on every page.

> As to sensitive content, who said that there isnīt any?

I haven't seen any yet! But then again, I don't speak Italian or Swedish.

--
Oli

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:TpYoe.8185$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 06/06/2005 14:25:
> > The different colours which I have begun using on the menu should help

the
> > user to identify which buttons refer to a certain activity, for example

all
> > the buttons regarding intermediation for rent of holiday lodgings which

are
> > situated in Italy have got one colour on the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html and
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.php
> > This way it should be easier for the user to find them.

> Ah! At last, a sensible idea!

Fine.

> > The main content of all the pages belonging to a certain group could

have
> > the same colour as the buttons which link to the page.
> > I find this solution much cheaper for me than to have 3 different sites.

> One possibility would be to have the 3 "sites" located in 3 different
> folders, e.g.:
>
> http://www.scaiecat-spa.gigi.com/shoes/
> http://www.scaiecat-spa.gigi.com/holidays/
> http://www.scaiecat-spa.gigi.com/translations/

Yes, it would. But, considering that I already have subdirectories for the
languages and at least already one subsubdirectory for the region Valle
DīAosta and I am going to have many others for the other regions and other
items, to add other 3 folders at another level could be confusing.
Otherwise I had agreed on this suggestion.

> Each with its own home page, and perhaps two links to each of the other
> two home pages. That way, the user doesn't have to sift through loads of
> irrelevant links on every page.
>
> > As to sensitive content, who said that there isnīt any?

> I haven't seen any yet! But then again, I don't speak Italian or Swedish.

Also, a part of this sensitive content is well "hidden"!

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...nque-terre.php