Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Menu

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Menu

 
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
not like the way some websites have been done.
Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the layout
and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.
For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much more
than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.



--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...lle-daosta.php







 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Oli Filth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 05/06/2005 18:59:
> On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
> not like the way some websites have been done.
> Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the layout
> and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.


Yes, if you don't like a site, then don't use it. If enough people don't
like a site and then don't use it, then that business will lose money,
and will probably redesign their site.

How many customers do you have at your site? If it's very few, then
maybe you should follow this logic...


> For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much more
> than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.


Well, (as in the thread many months ago) that's just paranoia, plain and
simple.

--
Oli
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005

"Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:deHoe.5803$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 05/06/2005 18:59:
> > On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
> > not like the way some websites have been done.
> > Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the

layout
> > and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.

>
> Yes, if you don't like a site, then don't use it. If enough people don't
> like a site and then don't use it, then that business will lose money,
> and will probably redesign their site.



> How many customers do you have at your site? If it's very few, then
> maybe you should follow this logic...
>
>
> > For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much

more
> > than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.

>
> Well, (as in the thread many months ago) that's just paranoia, plain and
> simple.
>
> --
> Oli


You may think what you want.


--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...lle-daosta.php





 
Reply With Quote
 
Hywel Jenkins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
In article <H3Hoe.139538$(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> On the other hand, as a consumer, I can also say that I do
> not like the way some websites have been done.
> Those who own the websites are free to to change or not to change the layout
> and accessibility of these sites. It is their decision not mine.
> For example, I trust sites which are shown over an https protocoll much more
> than the ones which are shown over a http protocoll.


HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends information
to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that people
can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site has
is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?

--
Hywel

Kill the Crazy Frog
http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed) k...
> In article <H3Hoe.139538$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
> transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends information
> to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
> don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that people
> can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site has
> is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?
>
> --
> Hywel



Thank you very much for your answer.

I do not share your opinion.
Have you ever visited my website?
1) There are already password protected pages on the site.
There are forms (at least one but more will be created) so personal data can
be transferred.
2) the https protocoll says that that is the website it maintains to be.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/blm.php





 
Reply With Quote
 
Hywel Jenkins
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
In article <NXIoe.26487$(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
> "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed) k...
> > In article <H3Hoe.139538$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
> > transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends information
> > to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
> > don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that people
> > can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site has
> > is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?
> >
> > --
> > Hywel

>
>
> Thank you very much for your answer.
>
> I do not share your opinion.
> Have you ever visited my website?


Yes. I get lost in it every time.


> 1) There are already password protected pages on the site.


Then just run those pages over HTTPS - not the entire site. You're
wasting client and server resources by doing that.


> There are forms (at least one but more will be created) so personal data can
> be transferred.


The search boxes don't count.


> 2) the https protocoll says that that is the website it maintains to be.


What does it say? To me it says, "The developer of this site hasn't got
a clue what she/he's doing", or "Luigi's out of his depth."

--
Hywel

Kill the Crazy Frog
http://www.petitiononline.com/crzyfrg/
 
Reply With Quote
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed) k...
> In article <NXIoe.26487$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >
> > "Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) k...
> > > In article <H3Hoe.139538$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > > HTTPS has *ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT* on your site because you're not
> > > transferring data that needs security. Your site only sends

information
> > > to the user, it doesn't collect anything. HTTPS is useless to you,
> > > don't you understand that? It's used for encrypting data so that

people
> > > can't sniff the data as it's been transferred. Everything your site

has
> > > is clearly available, so why bother encrypting it?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Hywel

> >
> >
> > Thank you very much for your answer.
> >
> > I do not share your opinion.
> > Have you ever visited my website?

>
> Yes. I get lost in it every time.


That may depend on most part of the website has not been developed much in
english, yet.
Apart from this, I am not partecipating in this NG to hear that I would
need a professional webdesign but to learn more about webdesign.
So, I am considering to leave this NG if I shall not read something more
interesting in the near future because I do not find it so useful anymore.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...lle-daosta.php







 
Reply With Quote
 
kchayka
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> I am considering to leave this NG if I shall not read something more
> interesting in the near future because I do not find it so useful anymore.


It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

--
Reply email address is a bottomless spam bucket.
Please reply to the group so everyone can share.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Luigi Donatello Asero
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005

"kchayka" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> >
> > I am considering to leave this NG if I shall not read something more
> > interesting in the near future because I do not find it so useful

anymore.
>
> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.


Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
webdesigner do the website?
That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
doctor.


--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...na-chiessi.php





 
Reply With Quote
 
Els
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-05-2005
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> webdesigner do the website?
> That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
> doctor.


If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
Sonhos vem. Sonhos vo. O resto imperfeito.
- Renato Russo -
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iterating through all the menu/child items in a menu control Bryan ASP .Net 1 03-01-2006 09:38 AM
only wanna show Sub Menu of root menu mike ASP .Net 2 11-30-2005 10:50 PM
Horizontal Menu and Sub menu in asp.net 2.0 itzikkl ASP .Net 0 03-27-2005 12:50 PM
Menu and sub-menu in asp.net as windows menus made with vb, delphi, etc..? Vilmar ASP .Net 0 05-27-2004 05:52 PM
Jump Menu (DropDown Menu) in ASP.net. Can someone help me out? Miguel Dias Moura ASP .Net 3 04-03-2004 08:17 AM



Advertisments