Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Menu

Re: Menu

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:g4hl1tphnsw4$.ujejjtmimz39$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> > webdesigner do the website?
> > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
> > doctor.

> If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
> disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.

Ok.
I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.
Good luck.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...na-chiessi.php

Dylan Parry

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.

No, far from it. You just won't bloody listen to good advice when you
are given it. When we all say "xyz is bad because..." and you then say
"well I don't care, I'm still going to do it" then it is *you* that
loses out. We really don't care.

--
Dylan Parry
http://electricfreedom.org - Where the Music Progressively Rocks!

Leif K-Brooks

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> webdesigner do the website?
> That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
> doctor.

Luigi: Wow, I can't believe my medical school is letting me do this
surgery! I can't wait to cut into the patient with these kitchen scissors!

Professor: Er, Luigi, you can't cut into a patient with kitchen
scissors. We have special scalpels for that.

Luigi: That's your opinion, but I have my own.

Professor: And why are you holding that kitten? No animals in the
operating room!

Luigi: Well, I need to put it into the patient.

Professor: Er, maybe you should let a professional doctor do the surgery.

Luigi: Hey, I'm just trying to learn!

Professor: Great, so learn to what I'm trying to teach you: We don't use
scissors to cut people open! And no kittens!

Luigi: That's your opinion. Now, I'm going to go do that surgery!

[Ten minutes later, we hear the patient screaming loudly from next room.]

dorayme

> From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> "kchayka" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet

>> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
>> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> webdesigner do the website?
> That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
> doctor.

Good analogy but unfortunately you draw the wrong conclusion. If the student
was studying to fix up a serious medical condition in his own body (your
case exactly) and he was showing no natural talent or preparedness to take
advice, then it would be morally necessary to tell him to go to a doctor.

dorayme

dorayme

> From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>
> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet

>>> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
>>> webdesigner do the website?
>>> That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
>>> doctor.

>> If the student wants to study medicine because he wants to heal some
>> disease he has, yes, then please do refer him to a doctor.

> Ok.
> I see that this NG is useless, at the moment.
> Good luck.

Els, this is the second time you have made very similar points to me. I
realise (after I come across yours) that in each case you make them before I
do. Please stop doing this. Or else I will have to read all the posts I get
before replying to any.

dorayme

Luigi Donatello Asero

"dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:BEC9D5CC.124D4%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > From: "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)>

> > "kchayka" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet

> >> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
> >> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

> > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> > webdesigner do the website?
> > That sounds as to tell a student who wants to study medicine to go to a
> > doctor.

> Good analogy but unfortunately you draw the wrong conclusion. If the

student
> was studying to fix up a serious medical condition in his own body (your
> case exactly) and he was showing no natural talent or preparedness to take
> advice, then it would be morally necessary to tell him to go to a doctor.
>
> dorayme

Firstly,
if you create something for yourself, then it is ok that you do as you like
it.
However, if you want to do something for someone else and you want him or
her to pay to you for that, for example for a website, I would expect if I
were the customer that I would decide how the website should look like.
And this is in fact one of many reasons why I do not want to hire you ( and
others who have shown to think the same way) as a professional webdesigner.

Secondly, when I wrote at the beginning in this NG, there were more people
who really tried to help in my opinion, giving concrete advice about
specifical problems concerning webdesign. Unfortunately, today, it is not
like that any more, in my opinion. Instead, there are many people, who
instead of giving concrete technical advice often do not answer a specific
question and begin complaining about the bad quality of the site.

Thirdly, we seem to have another opinion about freedom of speech and
"knowledge". You are saying the whole time that you are on the right side
but we have another opinion about that and you do not make things better by
saying the whole time that you are right and the other is wrong and so on

Fourthly I prefer to learn and not let others do the job generally speaking.

Good luck
--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...na-chiessi.php

kchayka

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "kchayka" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
>> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

> Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> webdesigner do the website?

There has been more advice given besides getting professional help, for
example dropping the unnecessary choices of php or html.

You claim there is a reason for them, but it doesn't look like anybody
can think of one. I know I can't.

You know if you enlighten us, it's possible we may just start agreeing
with you. So care to share your reasoning?

Luigi Donatello Asero

"kchayka" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > "kchayka" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> It's unfortunate you won't listen to good advice, but your visitors and
> >> potential customers are the ones who will end up losing, not us.

> > Do you call for good advice to say that I could let a professional
> > webdesigner do the website?

> There has been more advice given besides getting professional help, for
> example dropping the unnecessary choices of php or html.
>
> You claim there is a reason for them, but it doesn't look like anybody
> can think of one. I know I can't.
>
> You know if you enlighten us, it's possible we may just start agreeing
> with you. So care to share your reasoning?

In order to legitimately protect the interests of my one-man business I
cannot always say what I am planning to do.
This is the case with the choice of php and html.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...na-chiessi.php

Toby Inkster

Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Professor: And why are you holding that kitten? No animals in the
> operating room!
> Luigi: Well, I need to put it into the patient.

Thank god I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. There could have
been a bill for a new keyboard on your doorstep tomorrow.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Els

**** happens