Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > how to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?

how to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?

me

How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
Do i have to use javascript? Or...?

I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?

What are the pro's and cons for me if people do that.

Hans

Roy Schestowitz

me wrote:

> How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
> Do i have to use javascript? Or...?

It would be very difficult to detect, if not impossible. If you use
JavaScript, then you can probably check if your page is at the top level
and if not, re-direct somewhere else or generate garbage.

> I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
> out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?

This depends on your site. If they put your on-line store catalogue in a
frame, would you mind? Do you have bandwidth restrictions? Are you being
referenced by sites that are not decent?

Google Images and Google Translations use this frame behaviour. Will you
want to stop them too?

> What are the pro's and cons for me if people do that.
>
> Hans

Again, it depends on your interests and the nature of your site.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com

Spartanicus

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
>Do i have to use javascript?

if (window != top)
top.location.href=location.href

>I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
>out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?
>
>What are the pro's and cons for me if people do that.

Users that access your content via another site can't bookmark that view
with your content in it, waste of screen space etc.

--
Spartanicus

Travis Newbury

me wrote:
> How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
> Do i have to use javascript? Or...?
> I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
> out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?

I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

--
-=tn=-

Animesh Kumar

Travis Newbury wrote:

> me wrote:
>
>> How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
>> Do i have to use javascript? Or...?
>> I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to
>> figure out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop
>> them...?

> I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

Please be a bit descriptive. What part of the original query you don't buy?

Best regards,
Animesh

Arne

Once upon a time *Travis Newbury* wrote:
> me wrote:
>> How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
>> Do i have to use javascript? Or...?
>> I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
>> out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?

> I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

I can find that kind of frameing many times per week, and I don't mean
the Google Images and Translations frameing. I also use Javascript on
my sites to prevent them to be framed. I know it don't work for
everyone but for most visitors to get my sites unframed by some other
frameset site.

--
/Arne

are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
quote signatures, thank you.

Travis Newbury

Arne wrote:
>>>How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
>>>Do i have to use javascript? Or...?
>>>I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
>>>out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?

>>I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

> I can find that kind of frameing many times per week,

Show me an example. Sorry, I just don't buy the fact that someone wants
to frame site you made. (let alone you found it). It is nothing against
you personally, but I want to see an example of a site that stole a site
you created. Show me a site you did not fabricate and I will say "Damn,
'Im sorry, I was wrong..."

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury

Animesh Kumar wrote:
>>> How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
>>> Do i have to use javascript? Or...?
>>> I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to
>>> figure out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop
>>> them...?

>> I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

> Please be a bit descriptive. What part of the original query you don't buy?

I want to see an example of where someone framed your site.

--
-=tn=-

me

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:%33oe.46514$(E-Mail Removed)...
> me wrote:
>> How to stop people to open my pages in a frame on their page?
>> Do i have to use javascript? Or...?
>> I noticed some people doing that with my pages. And I am trying to figure
>> out how to stop them AND I try to figure out IF I should stop them...?

> I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

Why should you not buy it????

For instance

http://psychology.about.com/gi/dynam...eb.nl/jmoonen/

And it even uses an old version of my site...

Hans

Travis Newbury

me wrote:
>>I don't buy it. Who have you noticed doing that?

> Why should you not buy it????
> For instance
> http://psychology.about.com/gi/dynam...eb.nl/jmoonen/
> And it even uses an old version of my site...

Damn,
http://psychology.about.com/gi/dynam....microsoft.com
they are stealing Microsoft too...

If about.com is "really" doing this, a simple email will stop it. If
you want them to link to your site but just not in a frame, then tough,
that's not how they work.

--
-=tn=-