Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Best FTP Application

Best FTP Application

Richard Quick

Hi,

I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
(which is unnecessary and slows it down).

Could anyone recommend a faster program?

Thanks,

Richard

Blinky the Shark

Richard Quick wrote:

> I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
> can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
> things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
> (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

> Could anyone recommend a faster program?

Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

Richard Quick

Blinky,

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately I'm using a freebie FTP service that disconnects me every few
minutes. I therefore need a program that will reconnect and continue for me.

Regards,

Richard.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Richard Quick wrote:
>
>> I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
>> can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
>> things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
>> (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

>> Could anyone recommend a faster program?

> Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
> set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.
>
> --
> Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
> Killing all Usenet posts from Google Groups
> Info: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
> *ALSO contains links for access to the NON-BETA GG archive interface*

Travis Newbury

Richard Quick wrote:
> I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
> can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
> things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
> (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

It is doing that to stop it from disconnecting. (see your second post
about your service disconnecting you ) In the setup there is an options
that turns that off.

--
-=tn=-

nemo

On 29 May 2005 09:54:17 GMT, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Richard Quick wrote:
>
>> I have a website that contains a few hundred HTML files, and uploading it
>> can take a long time. I currently use Filezilla, but it seems to do a
>> things like directory listing, set mode to ascii etc... after every file
>> (which is unnecessary and slows it down).

>> Could anyone recommend a faster program?

>Perhaps FTPing from the prompt (no pun intended!), where you could just
>set mode once and upload with a wildcard would be better for you.

Can't say about comparative speed, but if you're using Filezilla which is
free, perhaps you might be interested in a copy of the last free version of
ws_ftp before it went limited-time-trial. If so, post to
removing yourclothes to do so.