Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Transitions - FX

Transitions - FX

nemo

Someone who thinks I know a little about websites (duh!) says that this
doesn't work- and has asked me why.

<head>
<title></title>
<META http-equiv="Page-Enter"
CONTENT="RevealTrans(Duration=4,Transition=3)">
</head>

I didn't know what to trell her. I'd never seen this before, she saidit did
an exploding circle like zooming in. I looked ib google for transition and
foubnd lots but couldn't make it work. I use php and always have a
include (header) on my pages with the header conatining the html for doctype
and title and meta and head /head all the usual kinds of things but i tried
it with a html-only page and it still didn;t work. Does it not work anymore
or what am i doing thats wrong?

Peter

nemo wrote:

>Someone who thinks I know a little about websites (duh!) says that this
>doesn't work- and has asked me why.
>
><head>
><title></title>
><META http-equiv="Page-Enter"
>CONTENT="RevealTrans(Duration=4,Transition=3)">
></head>
>
>I didn't know what to trell her. I'd never seen this before, she saidit did
>an exploding circle like zooming in. I looked ib google for transition and
>foubnd lots but couldn't make it work. I use php and always have a
>include (header) on my pages with the header conatining the html for doctype
>and title and meta and head /head all the usual kinds of things but i tried
>it with a html-only page and it still didn;t work. Does it not work anymore
>or what am i doing thats wrong?

works for me only in IE
content="revealTrans(Duration=3,Transition=3)">
Peter

kchayka

nemo wrote:

> <META http-equiv="Page-Enter"
> CONTENT="RevealTrans(Duration=4,Transition=3)">
>
> Does it not work

1. This is an IE-only annoyance.
2. Fortunately, clueful IE users can disable it in their Internet
Options, Advanced tab, under Browsing. Uncheck 'page transitions' and
the annoyance happily stops.

Travis Newbury

kchayka wrote:
> 1. This is an IE-only annoyance.

Personal opinion

> 2. Fortunately, clueful IE users can disable it in their Internet
> Options, Advanced tab, under Browsing. Uncheck 'page transitions' and
> the annoyance happily stops.

Microsoft want to try new things. Ok, this one was probably a flop. But
this does not mean they should stop trying.
--
-=tn=-