Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > remember this?

remember this?

B r ia n

I was digging through my old backup files from a few years ago and
found a gem.

About 5 years ago someone posted a message saying he'd received
feedback from his website users telling him they found his logo
offensive, and at first he couldnt see why:

http://www.mercurytears.com/buzzlogolarge.gif

from buzz.ca (which iooks to be defunct now)

--
The more laws and order are made prominent,
The more thieves and robbers there will be.

Joel Shepherd

B r ia n <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> About 5 years ago someone posted a message saying he'd received
> feedback from his website users telling him they found his logo
> offensive, and at first he couldnt see why:
>
> http://www.mercurytears.com/buzzlogolarge.gif

Ah, yes. I remember it fondly. A rather unfortunate arrangement of
beaver and buzzword.

> from buzz.ca (which iooks to be defunct now)

Difficult to imagine as that is...

--
Joel.

Kim André Akerĝ

"B r ia n" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was digging through my old backup files from a few years ago and
> found a gem.
>
> About 5 years ago someone posted a message saying he'd received
> feedback from his website users telling him they found his logo
> offensive, and at first he couldnt see why:
>
> http://www.mercurytears.com/buzzlogolarge.gif
>
> from buzz.ca (which iooks to be defunct now)

Your friend must have a very dirty mind, then. I didn't see anything wrong
with it at first, but when Joel mentioned something about "a rather
unfortunate arrangement of beaver and buzzword", I did notice the odd shape
of the white outline around the beaver and the name of the website. Took me
about 30 seconds extra just to specifically look for anything that could be
remotely offensive about that logo.

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)