Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Long file

Long file

Luigi Donatello Asero

Hi,
this page is already quite long, so it seems as
I cannot save more content using note pad (anteckningar)
Which options do I have?
1) Write a part of it in separate pages which are linked to page
2) Save it with another extension
3) Other options?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:25:51 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: this page is already quite long, so it seems as
: I cannot save more content using note pad (anteckningar)

Get Editpad Lite - it's free, and far, far better.
Search Google?

Sid

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:AV_ke.19347$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sid Ismail wrote:
> > On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:25:51 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > : this page is already quite long, so it seems as : I cannot save
> > more content using note pad (anteckningar)
> >
> > Get Editpad Lite - it's free, and far, far better. Search Google?

> http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html

It is not for commercial use.
I saved it using Word Pad, anyway.
I hope it will be ok.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:%__ke.138372$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i

meddelandet
> news:AV_ke.19347$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sid Ismail wrote:
> > > On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:25:51 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
> > > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > >
> > > : this page is already quite long, so it seems as : I cannot save
> > > more content using note pad (anteckningar)
> > >
> > > Get Editpad Lite - it's free, and far, far better. Search Google?

> > http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html

> It is not for commercial use.

I mean: Editpad is free only for them who do not use it for commercial use
but my site is commercial, so I thought it would be better not to take it.
--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...-i-italien.php

Oli Filth

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:AV_ke.19347$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Sid Ismail wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 25 May 2005 10:25:51 GMT, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
>>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>: this page is already quite long, so it seems as : I cannot save
>>>more content using note pad (anteckningar)
>>>
>>>Get Editpad Lite - it's free, and far, far better. Search Google?

>>http://www.editpadlite.com/editpadlite.html

> It is not for commercial use.
> I saved it using Word Pad, anyway.
> I hope it will be ok.

How long have you been writing HTML and PHP, and you're still using
Notepad?? WordPad is hardly any better. There are *dozens* of free
dedicated code editors out there that will make you life easier.

I use Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/), it's very good,
and doesn't have any licencing problems as far as I can see.

--
Oli

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:TU2le.35$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i

meddelandet
> > news:AV_ke.19347$(E-Mail Removed)...

> How long have you been writing HTML and PHP, and you're still using
> Notepad?? WordPad is hardly any better. There are *dozens* of free
> dedicated code editors out there that will make you life easier.
>
> I use Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/), it's very good,
> and doesn't have any licencing problems as far as I can see.

What is wrong with WordPad and what is better with the Editor which you
mentioned?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it...aggio-2005.php

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:TU2le.35$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

...didn't write anything quoted here. Please trim attributes along with
the quote, if you remove it.

>>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i
>>> meddelandet news:AV_ke.19347$(E-Mail Removed)...

...didn't write anything quoted here. Please trim attributes along with
the quote, if you remove it.

>> How long have you been writing HTML and PHP, and you're still
>> using Notepad?? WordPad is hardly any better. There are *dozens*
>> of free dedicated code editors out there that will make you life
>> easier.
>>
>> I use Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/), it's very
>> good, and doesn't have any licencing problems as far as I can
>> see.

> What is wrong with WordPad

It's better than Notepad, but only just so.

> and what is better with the Editor which you mentioned?

Crimson Editor? It is an _application_ not just a single-file editor.
It has syntax colouring. It will manage your project. It will ... oh
heck, go download it and fire it up!

(Please fix your sig separator; needs to be dash-dash-space.)

--

Luigi Donatello Asero said the following on 26/05/2005 12:45:
> "Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
> news:TU2le.35$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>How long have you been writing HTML and PHP, and you're still using
>>Notepad?? WordPad is hardly any better. There are *dozens* of free
>>dedicated code editors out there that will make you life easier.
>>
>>I use Crimson Editor (http://www.crimsoneditor.com/), it's very good,
>>and doesn't have any licencing problems as far as I can see.

> What is wrong with WordPad and what is better with the Editor which you
> mentioned?

Umm...

* Syntax highlighting (loads of languages)
* Automatic indenting
* Highlights matching brackets
* Intelligent selection
* Shows line numbers
* Automatic block commenting
* Regular-expression-based find/replace
* The ability to run custom tools and macros (e.g. a C compiler)
* Directory/project viewer

And as BtS says, please fix your newsreader signature.

--
Oli