Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > copy of CRIT from ADG

copy of CRIT from ADG

mark | r

this has been posted on ADG before posting here

www.iosilver.co.uk has been online for around 6 months and tho we're
featured prominently on the search engines we have a relativeley low
conversion

anyone care to comment on the site and/or speculate as to what
features/services/improvements can be made to make the site better?

For a starter we're taking product off the home page, it seems that people
arent going beyond this one page and we want them to venture further, we
also plan to add a section of unique pieces we're creating in house and have
some casestudies for the commissions pages.

All help would be appreciated.

Mark
p.s. I thought i knew about ecommerce until i started this project.

kchayka

mark | r wrote:

> www.iosilver.co.uk has been online for around 6 months and tho we're
> featured prominently on the search engines we have a relativeley low
> conversion
>
> anyone care to comment on the site and/or speculate as to what
> features/services/improvements can be made to make the site better?

I don't think the white background does the jewelry justice. The
low-contrasting text color doesn't help that "washed out" look.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

kchayka wrote:
> mark | r wrote:
>
>> www.iosilver.co.uk has been online for around 6 months and tho
>> we're featured prominently on the search engines we have a
>> relativeley low conversion
>>
>> anyone care to comment on the site and/or speculate as to what
>> features/services/improvements can be made to make the site
>> better?

> I don't think the white background does the jewelry justice. The
> low-contrasting text color doesn't help that "washed out" look.

Aha. You said it, and I thought it when looking at the page.
Jewellery ... Jewelry ... both are in the dictionary but jewellery is
so rare I almost thought it was a misteak. My Thunderbird speelchiker
doesn't like jewellery either.

Maybe it's regional.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Richard Rundle

news:FENke.18059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Aha. You said it, and I thought it when looking at the page.
> Jewellery ... Jewelry ... both are in the dictionary but jewellery is
> so rare I almost thought it was a misteak. My Thunderbird speelchiker
> doesn't like jewellery either.
>
> Maybe it's regional.

Yes, it's one of those US / Rest of the World spelling differences -
remember this site is UK based.

--
Richard

scp crit 2 mark | r HTML 7 12-15-2005 04:55 PM
early ecom crit mark | r HTML 56 10-05-2004 11:05 PM
GUI Crit mark | r HTML 1 09-18-2003 08:44 AM
Upgraded to XP-Crit update problem BobK Computer Support 2 08-20-2003 06:25 PM
Digipen ADG-5000 driver rainyplace Computer Support 3 07-21-2003 05:38 PM

Advertisments