Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > OT: Has anybody succeeded in subscribing to Individual.Net?

OT: Has anybody succeeded in subscribing to Individual.Net?

PeteCresswell

Some months ago I tried, but couldn't get past ClickAndPay - desipite
swallowing reservations about opening up my credit card to automated
annual charges.

Today I tried again. For starters, screens started out in English,
then changed to German and clicking "Back" aborted the entire process -
losing all data on the previous screen.

Is it just me?

GigaNews looks kind of pricey...

Any recommendations for alternatives?

Barbara de Zoete

On 18 May 2005 17:08:26 -0700, PeteCresswell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Some months ago I tried, but couldn't get past ClickAndPay - desipite
> swallowing reservations about opening up my credit card to automated
> annual charges.
>
> Today I tried again. For starters, screens started out in English,
> then changed to German and clicking "Back" aborted the entire process -
> losing all data on the previous screen.
>
> Is it just me?
>
> GigaNews looks kind of pricey...
>
> Any recommendations for alternatives?

<http://cust.readfreenews.net/> Still free. Fast, many, many groups. Good
overall performance as far as I can judge. I'm not affiliated with them. Just a
happy supscriber (yes, you have to subscrivbe. But they do not really want to
know who you are )

Blinky the Shark

PeteCresswell wrote:

> Some months ago I tried, but couldn't get past ClickAndPay - desipite
> swallowing reservations about opening up my credit card to automated
> annual charges.

> Today I tried again. For starters, screens started out in English,
> then changed to German and clicking "Back" aborted the entire process -
> losing all data on the previous screen.

> Is it just me?

Probably not, but I know tons of people that use NIN. As do I.

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Barbara de Zoete ((E-Mail Removed)) feverishly
typed...

> On 18 May 2005 17:08:26 -0700, PeteCresswell
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

[news servers since Individual.Net went subscription]
>> Any recommendations for alternatives?
>>

> <http://cust.readfreenews.net/> Still free. Fast, many, many groups.
> Good overall performance as far as I can judge. I'm not affiliated
> with them. Just a happy supscriber (yes, you have to subscrivbe. But
> they do not really want to know who you are )

Just registered with them and subscribed to my normal groups. Looks ok!

Since Individual.Net went subscription I've been using my ISP's (Pipex) news
server which is ok but terribly slow. I post to a newsgroup then go and have
a cup of tea and see if it has arrived yet!

After registering with readfreenews (which is quick and painless!) I posted
a test message to news:alt.test via my ISP's news server. It came up pretty
much straightaway on readfreenews. Still not arrived on Pipex yet...

I think I have just found my latest new news server! Thanks for the pointer
Barbara!

Cheers,
Nige

--