Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > refresh page automatically

refresh page automatically

me

Hi,

I want a solution for a page i made that needs to refresh every 20 seconds.
So the user should see a refreshed page every 20 seconds.

It would be nice if this worked within all browsers, but if it only works in
ie, that would be good enough also. This is just for use within a small
group of people all using ie.

I heard that there are util progs that do that for you, but i woul like to
know if there is a solution to build in HTML or JS or whatever. Sample code
would be appreciated

Hans

Els

me wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want a solution for a page i made that needs to refresh every 20 seconds.
> So the user should see a refreshed page every 20 seconds.

Hmm.. I just hope the user is on a fast enough connection /and/
computer to actually have downloaded the page within those 20 seconds
:S

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

me

"me" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:d625ig$1k1$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I want a solution for a page i made that needs to refresh every 20
> seconds.
> So the user should see a refreshed page every 20 seconds.
>
> It would be nice if this worked within all browsers, but if it only works
> in ie, that would be good enough also. This is just for use within a small
> group of people all using ie.
>
> I heard that there are util progs that do that for you, but i woul like to
> know if there is a solution to build in HTML or JS or whatever. Sample
> code would be appreciated
>
> Hans

Sorry,

was not thinking when asking this question. It is easliy done with something
like

Question withdrawn.....

Hans

me

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:1xtj0sxdxsfch$.s72ahdywsmb4$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> me wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want a solution for a page i made that needs to refresh every 20
>> seconds.
>> So the user should see a refreshed page every 20 seconds.

> Hmm.. I just hope the user is on a fast enough connection /and/
> computer to actually have downloaded the page within those 20 seconds
> :S
>
> --
> Els http://locusmeus.com/
> Sonhos vem. Sonhos vo. O resto imperfeito.
> - Renato Russo -
> Now playing: Twarres - Children

Els,

It is as i said, for use with a small group that i personally know and who
have fast connections

Hans

Els

me wrote:
> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:1xtj0sxdxsfch$.s72ahdywsmb4$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> me wrote:
>>
>>> I want a solution for a page i made that needs to refresh every 20
>>> seconds.
>>> So the user should see a refreshed page every 20 seconds.

>> Hmm.. I just hope the user is on a fast enough connection /and/
>> computer to actually have downloaded the page within those 20 seconds
>>:S

> It is as i said, for use with a small group that i personally know and who
> have fast connections

I don't see you saying that. I guess you're referring to a post in
another thread somewhere? Haven't read it...

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

Els

Els wrote:

>> It is as i said, for use with a small group that i personally know and who
>> have fast connections

> I don't see you saying that.

Oops, sorry - I see it's in the part that I snipped from your original
message.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

me

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:1j1zsn77eq1zr$.hfsugm4f51zl$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Els wrote:
>
>>> It is as i said, for use with a small group that i personally know and
>>> who
>>> have fast connections

>> I don't see you saying that.

> Oops, sorry - I see it's in the part that I snipped from your original
> message.
>
> --
> Els http://locusmeus.com/
> Sonhos vem. Sonhos vo. O resto imperfeito.
> - Renato Russo -
> Now playing: Twarres - I Need To Know

So we were both a little to fast... me in asking a stupid question and you
in replying

grtx
Hans

Els

me wrote:

> So we were both a little to fast... me in asking a stupid question and you
> in replying

It's a Dutch thing

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/