Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Another sound question

Another sound question

Professor Marcus

What is the difference between having an audio file on your site for
downloading and having one for 'streaming' ?

I know the code for downloading is just <a=href"file.mp3">download file</a>
........ but what code do you use to 'stream' an audio file ?

Spartanicus

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/streaming.htm

--
Spartanicus

Travis Newbury

Professor Marcus wrote:
> What is the difference between having an audio file on your site for
> downloading and having one for 'streaming' ?

To stream a file you need a special server. but you are probably not
talking about streaming. You re probably thinking of progressive download.

Progressive download is where it downloads faster than it plays so it
appears to be "streaming". This is a function of the client's player.

--
-=tn=-