Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Copy music to disk

Copy music to disk

soup_or_power@yahoo.com

Hi,
The music site I visit gives a link one can click and listen to music
with Real Player. I would like to copy the music file to the local
disk. When I right click on the link it has the option "save target
as". The next prompt saves the html page instead of the music. Can
someone please tell me how to download the music?
Thank you

jafar

On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:15:56 -0700, soup_or_power wrote:

> Hi,
> The music site I visit gives a link one can click and listen to music
> with Real Player. I would like to copy the music file to the local
> disk. When I right click on the link it has the option "save target
> as". The next prompt saves the html page instead of the music. Can
> someone please tell me how to download the music?

You can view the source of the webpage using your browser and search for
the location of the file in there. Then either paste it in a new tab or
use wget to fetch the file.

--
Jafar Calley
Producer - http://moonlife-records.com