Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > content tag?

content tag?

T.J.

Hi,
I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
else's content.

These are the instructions they have given me ,

"Note one of the quickest ways of incorporating this into your site is
by making a frame in your site (minimum width 475), and simply linking
our page into your frame, by using the _target attribute in your links.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
recieve an error. "

Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
Many thanks.

Travis Newbury

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

--
-=tn=-

Sid Ismail

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:37:48 +0100, "T.J." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

: I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
: else's content.

Go str8 to Jail. Do not collect $200.

Sid

T.J.

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bBPce.26900$(E-Mail Removed)...
> T.J. wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
>> else's content...
>> Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
>> Many thanks.

> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp
>
> --
> -=tn=-

Thank you,
that appears to show how to make frames, what I
want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

Dylan Parry

T.J. wrote:

> These are the instructions they have given me ,

<snip/>

Where did these instructions come from?

--
Dylan Parry

Barbara de Zoete

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:43:48 +0100, T.J. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bBPce.26900$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> T.J. wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
>>> else's content...
>>> Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
>>> Many thanks.

>> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp
>>

> Thank you,
> that appears to show how to make frames, what I
> want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

Assuming the other party authorizes you to carry their content in one of
your frames, what you do is:
- set up a frameset,
- give the frame you want to display the third party page in, a useful
name,
- put a link in one of your own pages, to the page having the content,
- use the target attribute with that link to designate the page to the
proper frame in your frameset.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#adef-target>

David Dorward

T.J. wrote:

>> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

> that appears to show how to make frames, what I
> want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

The entire point of frames is to mix content from multiple URLs. You use the
URL of their content.

.... or you get them to provide there content in a format, such as RSS, that
you can server parse and include directly, thus avoiding the many
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Prob...h_using_frames

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Travis Newbury

Sid Ismail wrote:
> : I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
> : else's content.
> Go str8 to Jail. Do not collect $200.

The other people seem to want their content in the frame, they did give
instructions for doing so.

--
-=tn=-

T.J.

"David Dorward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d50kmh$r8u$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> T.J. wrote:
>
>>> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

>> that appears to show how to make frames, what I
>> want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

> The entire point of frames is to mix content from multiple URLs. You use
> the
> URL of their content.
>
> ... or you get them to provide there content in a format, such as RSS,
> that
> you can server parse and include directly, thus avoiding the many
> http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Prob...h_using_frames

I think I need to try to explain more about what I am trying to do.
I have to create a template page, within that template page I
have to have a section where their content goes, they then pull
my template and put their content in it.
The problem is they say I have to

"Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
recieve an error. "

Creating a frame is no problem, but
I have no idea what they mean by [<-CONTENT->] tag
or how to get their content in to the frame.

Barbara de Zoete

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:41:26 +0100, T.J. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The problem is they say I have to
>
> "Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
> tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
> our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
> recieve an error. "
>
> Creating a frame is no problem, but
> I have no idea what they mean by [<-CONTENT->] tag
> or how to get their content in to the frame.

Then go back to them (who ever they me be) and ask over there. Surely they
will know what they mean.